Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Pilot Nation Break Its Record?

+9
FANatic
UPreveler
PurplePrideTrumpet
harryb
aleppiek
PilotNut
DaTruRochin
Geezaldinho
Stonehouse
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Can Pilot Nation Break Its Record? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can Pilot Nation Break Its Record?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:57 pm

The fishing was not so good, so Mrs. UP and I went to Alaska to look at the scenery. First visit, and it was very impressive; whales, glaciers and totem poles galore.

Back to top Go down

Can Pilot Nation Break Its Record? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can Pilot Nation Break Its Record?

Post by Stonehouse Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:59 am

OK... so here's the middle of September update:

We're at 714 posts so far, and we need 368 to break the all-time monthly record of 1082 posts. Think we can do it? I think we can! We're averaging nearly 50 posts a day so far this month (OK, OK... 47.6), so if we keep that pace we'll hit the 1400. Not sure if that's on the cards, but I'd say 1082 is very doable. So keep it up, Pilot fans! Sorry I haven't been contributing as much as usual... way, way too busy at work
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:58 pm

We'll keep doing our best! Wink And thanks everyone for making this board successful! Without you, we are nothing!

-SciFi

Can Pilot Nation Break Its Record? - Page 2 Header10
SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2007-04-28

http://pilotfans.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:08 pm

I think we are going to destroy the record. Can Pilot Nation Break Its Record? - Page 2 Mortar

My thinking is: Can we top Sep in Oct and Nov? Three monster months in a row is a high probability, IMO. Dec could be quite high as well.

For longtimers, it will be interesting to see if 2009's numbers are similiar to 2008, or we grow so much in the next year, that we smash 2008's numbers as well.

My bet is on the latter...Can Pilot Nation Break Its Record? - Page 2 Dancing-009
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:01 am

OK. So now that we are posting about posting that makes us real geeks, right?

Took this opportunity to post my 100th message.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:22 am

Hmm....

I think it's more a case of the geeks making the posts, than the posts making the geeks.

I prefer cult member, myself.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11806
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:54 pm

This is a post for the sake of posting and to inch us one post closer to the record. Soccer content: 0 percent.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:55 pm

purple haze wrote:This is a post for the sake of posting and to inch us one post closer to the record. Soccer content: 0 percent.

Not so. you had the word "soccer" in there.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:25 pm

I think it's going to happen tonight/tomorrow everyone.

I'm not sure when the counter last re-set, but it's at 1020 right now, which is 62 behind the all-time record of 1082 set last November in the thick of the women's soccer playoff run.

And this is all done in 22 days, with several posts from yesterday being deleted as well.

Way to go Pilot Nation!!!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:10 pm

Yeah I noticed a couple of posts of mine deleted. I thought maybe I had finally gone too far.

By the way, lest THIS post be judged as too "fluffy" please consider that the posts that were deleted were actually well thought out (forget about Rut_ers) bonafide Pilot soccer related subject matter posts.

Elation Nation "onto the promised land"
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:20 pm

Here's my contribution: At the first Duck football game of the year I was in their alumni band. I explained to the alum next to me that I got in because one of the people in the UP band went to UO and asked me to join. He was surprised at all of the following:

-The biggest sport at UP is soccer.
-We have a beautiful soccer stadium.
-That very night (8/30) the Pilots were playing the UCLA in front of a full house.
-We have a message board where we talk about Pilot soccer the way Duck fans talk about football and basketball (so this post is kind of on topic). Very Happy
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:35 pm

so-- does wondering if we can do 4 posts before midnight count?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Geez you said post. It counts.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:43 pm

Suspect I suppose I'll allow that post to count. . . Give me Beer!

-SciFi

SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:58 pm

3 minutes to spare! Cool

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:01 am

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!! Very Happy

Wow, this site has grown in a year. Now let's see if we can break the record again in October. We have an extra day in October. That could help.

And November has the potential to be monstrous. If we go deep in the playoffs, and if the U20's are doing well, we should be set up to demolish any previous records.

I am guessing a lot of new members will join the bandwagon and we'll explode, just like last November, except more so. (If we go deep.)
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:54 am

These things have a way of growing exponentially. I predict that come playoffs we will be double the posts for August and September.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:25 pm

Record broken: we have 1,115 posts so far this month!

Good work! Very Happy

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:40 pm

Now, after we have the final figure for Sep, let's see if we can blow that number out of the water with a humongous Oct. Keep up the good work, folks! Cool
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:06 am

Let's also see if we can break the "new members in a month" record. . . . keep spreading the word!

-SciFi

SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:26 am

Good Point, SciFi. In my own case, I read many sports boards over the years, but never joined one because there was always a lot of "junk" on the boards.

["junk" = people who come on boards to cause trouble by being extrememly negative, nasty, argumentative, etc..] I simply didn't want to be hassled by these "fans", so I never signed up.

When I found Pilot Nation, I just read posts for several weeks. It was so refreshing in that there was absolutely no junk. And I had a feeling, if someone was lurking with a sinister agenda, our Admins, who do a terrific job, by the way, would zap them to "kingdom come".

I found the Women's Soccer Forum to be populated by adoring fans who really loved the Pilots. So I joined up a little over a year ago and have never looked back. PN is an important place for me to go everyday: safe, fun, enlightening sometimes in surprising ways, and I have made many friends on this site.

YOU ARE TOTALLY WELCOME TO JOIN THIS SITE. WE WANT YOU!!! AND WE NEED YOU TO CONTINUE GROWING AS WE WOULD LIKE TO.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:31 am

What I really appreciate is that we have seen more "away" fans jumping on and making this a positive place. Even if temporarily.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2