Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Sinclair/Huie Era

2 posters

Go down

Post Sinclair/Huie Era Empty Post Sinclair/Huie Era

Post by GUPhantom Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:33 pm

The most obvious difference between the 2005 National Championship Team (with Sinclair and Huie) and the 2006 Team was SPEED!

If a free ball ever got passed the halfline, Christine, in particular, was ON IT!!! She'd come from out of no where...or go to warp speed.....zooming past the backline! Other than a takedown...there was no way to challenge her speed and quickness.

Christine pressured teams down the middle and Lindsey would always find space with her speed on the flanks. That seemed to be definitely missing with the 2006 Team. That weapon along with the team's superb ball movement terrorized our opponents.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the 2006 team too. But when Megan tore her ACL and Stephanie sometimes absent due to National Team duty, it definitely affected the team's momentum and chemisty. They sometimes didn't seem as efficient in putting teams away.

I hope to the new recruits bring a lot speed to the 2007 team. If Ellie Reed runs as hard at goal as Michelle Enyeart, the duo together may generate a whole lot of shots on goal.
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post Sinclair/Huie Era Empty Re: Post Sinclair/Huie Era

Post by wrv Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:44 am

Sinclair was the best player to ever don a Pilot uniform, in any sport, in my opinion. You just don't replace that kind of skill, or as you point out, speed. That 2005 really was entertaining and obvioulsy dominant. This year's squad will also enjoy the advantage of great speed. Elli Reed is said to be quite quick; Enyeart is fast and dangerous.

This year's team appears to be as deep as any, if not deeper. The recruits along with last years newcomers will likely propel this team deep into the playoffs, maybe likely into the college cup, where NC and UCLA will prove difficult. Pilots have the talent to be national champions but probably need good fortune to get there and win.

Whatever success the Pilots achieve tihs year, it appears it will be exciting.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down