Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourney: Pilots vs. Waves

5 posters

Go down

Tourney: Pilots vs. Waves Empty Re: Tourney: Pilots vs. Waves

Post by Stonehouse Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:57 am

Nice work, Pilot Nut!

The rumor on the Pepperdine board is that Rico Tucker has an injured knee and may be out for the season. He didn't play against USF last night... he really hurt us in the game at Portland (heretoafter known as The Game That Shall Not be Named, TGTSNBN). I'd prefer to beat them at full strength and hate to see a guy get injured, but... they are so short-handed that losing him is a major blow. I bet we'll be favored in the game.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:08 pm

Well, the band's not going (I wish we would, but budget, etc...). Assuming we don't let the Waves drop 4 straight 3 pointers I think we'll do well. Little worried about USD, especially with them being the host and all. What we can't afford to do (like this is news) is play a great game for 30-35 minutes like we normally do. Last I checked, that's 5 minutes short of a full game.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 pm

It would be great to get the band back at the tournaments... hopefully there will be more travel $$$ in coming years alongside an improved hoops team.

We should all be campaigning for an all out Purple Blitz on Vegas next year! Very Happy

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:27 pm

I think if the team starts making progress and winning games in tournament play consistently, the band will go.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:10 pm

I just read the following on the Pepp web site:

"The already thin Waves’ roster suffered another blow when junior guard Rico Tucker (San Diego, Calif./University HS/Minnesota) injured a knee late in the game at San Diego on Saturday (March 1). He did not play tonight and is expected to miss the WCC Tournament."

Link: Pepperdine Web Article on USF Game.

That would leave the Waves with essentially 8 players; 8 played last night against USF (with a 9th player getting 1 minute of PT). Shocked Not good news for the Waves. Foul trouble could be very significant in this game, as it sounds like it was for them last night (and in TGTSNBN)...

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:18 pm

That does stink for Pepp. I would have preferred that we beat them with Uncle Rico (in my opinion we should have), but now we REALLY have no excuse if we lose this game. After TGTSNBN, I fully expect us to come out and play a complete game.

By the way, I assume the official word has not come out on next year's tourney site? If I remember correctly, they should announce it "officially" at this years tourney?

If it is in Vegas, I am very serious about trying to make it happen, and would love the Alumni office to lobby heavily to ensure a good showing of Purple!
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:20 pm

Yeah. I mean, good for us, we should take advantage. But losing a player to injury isn't ever a good thing. Knees suck...I've been told it's only downhill from college...
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:23 pm

I think that the official announcement for next year's location will be made this week... but it seems to be a forgone conclusion.

The more I think about it, the more I like it! bounce

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:07 pm

Maybe the official announcement will be this week, but it's already been acknowledged by official sources quoted in the media.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down