Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice Article about Shannon MacMillan

4 posters

Go down

Nice Article about Shannon MacMillan Empty Nice Article about Shannon MacMillan

Post by Stonehouse Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:59 am

I thought this article was extremely well done... I even sent the writer a quick note to let him know as much, which I very rarely do:

Whenever Shannon MacMillan is in need of inspiration in her new line of work, all she has to do is look up.

There, hanging from the middle of a wall in the office she occupies as a first-year assistant coach for the UCLA women's soccer team, is a collage honoring the memory of Clive Charles. A photo of Charles, sporting an afro, playing for the Portland Timbers of the old North American Soccer League. A photo of Charles with his arms around MacMillan and Tiffeny Milbrett, the two most famous products of his long, illustrious tenure as the men's and women's soccer coach at the University of Portland.
"I walked away from the University of Portland knowing that my career truly started there," MacMillan said recently, "and that that man helped me grow and learn and afforded me the opportunity to become who I am."
Tonight, when the 33-year-old MacMillan is inducted into the Breitbard Hall of Fame, Charles will be with her in spirit ---- as he is for every day of her life.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/03/04/sports/soccer/025c4c865bde161688257401007ab18c.txt
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Nice Article about Shannon MacMillan Empty Re: Nice Article about Shannon MacMillan

Post by footyfan Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:11 pm

Great article!

Good find Stonehouse.

Last edited by footyfan on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)

footyfan
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Nice Article about Shannon MacMillan Empty Re: Nice Article about Shannon MacMillan

Post by DoubleDipper Fri May 09, 2014 12:02 am

An up-to-date article about Shannon and the need for women in soccer.

And some good pictures too....

LINK
Nice Article about Shannon MacMillan Shanno11
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11236
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo Kid Fri May 09, 2014 7:24 am

Nice story. She is definitely a great role model!
Indigo Kid
Indigo Kid
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down