Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-WCC Teams

2 posters

Go down

All-WCC Teams Empty All-WCC Teams

Post by Stonehouse Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:34 pm

So the All-WCC Teams are going to be announced tomorrow... figured it would be fun to do some speculatin'. Here's my best guess at it:

Player of the Year: John Bryant. He deserves it, despite what we saw on Saturday. #2 in scoring, #1 in rebouning, #1 in FG%, #1 in blocked shots. Chances are either Jeremy Pargo or Diamon Simpson will get it, but neither has been as dominant as Big John. I think coaches respect what Bryant has done and Santa Clara has locked up the 4th seed already, so they are at least a top half team.

Newcomer of the Year: Dior Lowhorn. Could go to Patty Mills too, but Lowhorn would start for every WCC team and he is the only reason USF has won some games. He's just a terrific player.

Defensive POY: A tough one... Diamon Simpson. Could be Bryant too if he doesn't get POY. But I think Simpson is a bit more of the complete package in terms blocks, steals, rebounds, ahtleticism, etc.

Coach of the Year: Randy Bennett. Not only because of what he did in the WCC, but what he did with his team overall this year. This is a slam dunk, I think... if anyone else gets it, it would be stupid.

First Team:
John Bryant, SCU
Diamon Simpson, SMC
Jeremy Pargo, GU
Brandon Johnson, USD
Dior Lowhorn, USF
Patty Mills, SMC
Brody Angley, SCU
Austin Daye, GU
Gyno Pomare, USD
Tyrone Shelley, PEP

Honorable Mention:
Nik Raivio, POR
David Pendergraft, GON
Malcolm Thomas, PEP
Manny Quezada, USF
Matt Bouldin, GON

Freshman Team:
Patty Mills, SMC
Austin Daye, GON
Tyrone Shelley, PEP
Malcolm Thomas, PEP
Orlando Johnson LMU

Boy it was tough to leave off Rob Jones of USD. If Sikma was playing the whole WCC season like he is now, he would be on there too. Stohl will likely end up leading the WCC in threes made (he's tops right now) and top five in 3PT% and not make the all-frosh team. And Myron Strong from USF, Ben Dowdell from SCU, and Stephen Gray from GON are also very nice players... a good year all-around for WCC freshman - definitely one of the strongest groups in a long time.

What do you all think?
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

All-WCC Teams Empty Re: All-WCC Teams

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:52 pm

My thinking is that Jarod's leading the WCC with the few minutes he played is just short of phenomenal.

I'm trying to figure out why he was left off of any team.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down