Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woo Hoo!

+2
tomgyrl31
Geezaldinho
6 posters

Go down

Woo Hoo! Empty Woo Hoo!

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:32 pm

NICE!

Jared is now in my will.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Woo Hoo! Empty you can see it again

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:05 pm

For those of you who want to revel in our victory again, it's on Comcast tonight at 11.

Michael Holton was at the game doing color, It'll be nice to hear what he said.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Woo Hoo! Empty Win against SCU

Post by tomgyrl31 Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:29 pm

Great win tonight against SCU! While watching your recent game vs. the Zags, Pilots held their ground and didn't give an inch til right up to the end. We Gaels will certainly have our hands full come Monday! Here's to a good game. Hello to Purple Pride!
tomgyrl31
tomgyrl31
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Woo Hoo! Empty Re: Woo Hoo!

Post by thepuck Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:14 am

A think a lot of credit has to be given to our low post defenders. Kramer, Jasonn, Smeulders and Sikma all had a great game controlling the very big "bigs" of SCU.
thepuck
thepuck
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by waynefan Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:33 am

Nice Job by the Pilots. Good to see everyone contribute to a win.
Jared hitting those buckets at the end of the 1st half was exciting.
Wasn't that cool to watch a shooter making a shot and getting the ball right back
and draining it again and again.

See, that's my beef. Portland needs to deliver the shooter the ball when he's hot.
Way to often this year, Jared "the magician" will make a shot and not see the ball again.

I was watching St. Marys tonight and they kept feeding the shooter. Jared can do
this in his sleep. But, Portland needs to open their eyes. Let's see if they can learn from this.

Enough of Jared... Great game by the bigs. Let's take this momentum and become a
much better team.

waynefan
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:58 am

Ah... it felt so good to walk away from the Chiles Center with a smile and feeling good about the game. I was very worried when we hit that scoring drought in the second half, but we gutted it out and got the W.

For me, the hero of the game was Luke. Not only because he hit that three to put us ahead (how huge was that???), but he was pulling down boards, making great passes, and did such a good job on help defense. Whenever Bryant got the ball, Sikma was right there to double him and deny him a good look to the basket. Santa Clara kept trying to get it down to Bryant, but he only took six shots. Think about that - only six! Yeah he was in foul trouble and didn't play a ton of minutes, but still... without our great post defense, he would have taken a ton more shots.

As for Jared... he gave us such a big lift in the first half, you could argue that he saved the game for us. I love his game, and I've been a fan of his from day one. But I don't know if we can really run our offense through him just yet - if there is a big, athletic player guarding him (like Calvin Johnson last night or Micah Downs/Matt Bouldin in the Gonzaga game), he has a really tough time getting open. Yeah we run him off of screens, but if the player fights through it or gets around it quick enough... no dice. Still, in my book he has a 100% green light to shoot whenever he feels he's got some open space, and I have no problem with us feeding it to him over and over if he's hot and the other team isn't sticking somebody on his hip.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by navigator Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:42 pm

You have to run multiple screens to get him open, and the feed has to come when he comes off the screen rather than after he gets open off the screen, that gives the defender the chance to cover him. Take a look at the duke offense with Reddick.
As for last night's game, he didn't get a shot until 3 minutes left in the half and he's your shooter???? Then he hits 3 nice ones to take over the game and you pull him with 44.5 seconds left????
Ned made some big shots and robin stayed within his game pretty much. Over all they looked good.

First visit to Chile. Nice place need to fill it up, it was pretty quiet.
navigator
navigator
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum