Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

San Diego @ Pilots - Jan 23, 6:00 PT

+2
Sound Voltex
Dean Murdoch
6 posters

Go down

San Diego @ Pilots - Jan 23, 6:00 PT Empty San Diego @ Pilots - Jan 23, 6:00 PT

Post by Dean Murdoch Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:08 pm

Couple of teams in need of a win here.

Some definite signs of offensive life last game against Santa Clara. I haven't been able to catch a game the last couple weeks so I was extremely surprised to see Yuto and Bol in the starting lineup. Guessing that two newcomers into the starting lineup would at least partially explain the defensive struggles against a good SCU team.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1787
Registration date : 2015-01-20

brooke_PPFan@proton.me likes this post

Back to top Go down

San Diego @ Pilots - Jan 23, 6:00 PT Empty Re: San Diego @ Pilots - Jan 23, 6:00 PT

Post by Sound Voltex Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:19 pm

PJ Hayes.

33 points.

Yeah.

Also weird that Sleik/J-Mo didn't realize T-Rob fouled out 3 minutes before the end of the game; they kept wondering if he was going to be brought out with 4 fouls when it was down to the wire.
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2017-01-12

Back to top Go down

San Diego @ Pilots - Jan 23, 6:00 PT Empty Re: San Diego @ Pilots - Jan 23, 6:00 PT

Post by WallysBeard Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:59 pm

“I’m so good!”
Was really hoping for a Pilots win, would have made enduring all the gloating worth it.
WallysBeard
WallysBeard
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2024-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by brooke_PPFan@proton.me Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:27 am

Well... I made the drive up and went to the game tonight. I figured if I was going to rant and rave I had to go all the way Smile. and I hadn't seen the guys live since PKI, which was my senior year.

Hayes had an outstanding, season high 33. But that is what we do! What does it say when we give up season-highs across the WCC? In addition to Hayes, SF's Thomas (26), Saint Mary's Mahaney (25), and SC's Tilly (22) all had their season highs against us. WORSE... we have done this 9 times in our 13 losses!

Brown from Tenn State (24), Lucas from Nevada (30), and Johnson and Habib from Portland State, who both doubled their season averages (18 each). Petraitis from Air Force (20). All season highs.

We have to get our D figured out.

Also. please help me understand the rotations and the bench!!! V checked in and I thought we might see a new approach but we still are running 8 or less guys every night (Harris was out again). Our guys are exhausted and meanwhile, everyone else does the opposite - San Diego played 10 players, San Francisco (14 players), Santa Clara (10 players), and Saint Mary's (12 players).

Thinking just about last night, I just find it hard to believe that Lemke couldn't face guard and hammer on Hayes for 5 minutes. Stack couldn't force their PG to work in the backcourt. Younan couldnt mix it up on the boards. Noah and Thomas are in the doghouse clearly and sitting on he bench, so why not play these younger guys?

We just have no strategy. Its frustrating! Smile

brooke_PPFan@proton.me
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2023-11-20

bullwinkle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:47 pm

USD had 4 tough games to start conference play: GU x2, SMC, USF plus PU. Hayes averaged just over 10 ppg against those teams. On the season he's only had two games scoring over 20 points; 23 in a victory over ASU, and 21 against an NAIA school. Even with those two games, he was only averaging 10.3 ppg for the season prior to facing the Pilots. He is their most prolific 3P shooter, but only took 5.5 3P tries per game, and averaged 39% before Tuesday.

So going off on Tuesday hitting 9 of 14 3Ps, 64.3%, and tripling his ppg average is a defensive failure. After 4 or 5 makes, he can't be allowed to keep getting shots. Make someone else score.

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Snus Junction Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:01 pm

I was there - people in position but just didn’t.

Snus Junction
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2020-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Snus Junction Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:01 pm

In position to “rebound”

Snus Junction
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2020-07-14

Back to top Go down