Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots vs Villanova, Nov. 25th, Noon PT (ESPN2)

+5
Sound Voltex
Rob's Jacket
Dean Murdoch
DoubleDipper
up7587
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pilots vs Villanova, Nov. 25th, Noon PT (ESPN2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pilots vs Villanova, Nov. 25th, Noon PT (ESPN2)

Post by NoPoNeighbor Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:27 pm

ExpatPilot wrote:There’s no way we can keep Legans is there?
I’m guessing this doesn’t help matters:
Portland KenPom: 110; Best Win: Villanova
California KenPom: 211; Best win: [null field]

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Pilots vs Villanova, Nov. 25th, Noon PT (ESPN2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pilots vs Villanova, Nov. 25th, Noon PT (ESPN2)

Post by Sound Voltex Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:48 pm

NoPoNeighbor wrote:
ExpatPilot wrote:There’s no way we can keep Legans is there?
I’m guessing this doesn’t help matters:
Portland KenPom: 110; Best Win: Villanova
California KenPom: 211; Best win: [null field]

From Reddit:

Cal's problems aren't coaching related. Their admission requirements are as high as Stanford's, but they don't have Stanford-level facilities. (Men's hoops shares a ratty old gym w/ others) Plus they had to pay ridiculous amounts of money to retrofit their football stadium (some genius thought it was a good idea to build it over an active fault line). So they can't get most prospects into school, they can't compete with other Pac-12 schools' facilities, and there won't be any money to fix either of the first two problems for decades.

Fox is an adequate coach, but he's got a huge disadvantage in recruiting. I'm sure they could find someone marginally better, but why spend millions to still finish at or near the cellar?

The Bay Area is an outstanding recruiting ground, but they need new buildings and a new Mike Montgomery.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/z4ptik/post_game_thread_portland_defeats_villanova_8371/ixtmn6s/
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2017-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:23 am

@WCCHoops wrote:What this W means for Portland  Basketball
https://twitter.com/i/status/1596303376341663744

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1397
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:23 pm

Sound Voltex wrote:I get the feeling Bill Walton will always call the games with PAC-12 teams in it, so MSU for me as well.
Kevin Brown and Robbie Hummel will be on the ESPN call tomorrow...I consider them the best because they are knowledgeable, articulate, and don't get in the way of the game.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11298
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Fox Mulder likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2