Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 WCC Tournament

5 posters

Go down

2022 WCC Tournament Empty 2022 WCC Tournament

Post by Dean Murdoch Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:38 am

Anyone going?
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1787
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

2022 WCC Tournament Empty Re: 2022 WCC Tournament

Post by bullwinkle Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:09 pm

We've got reservations, but also have travel insurance so we can decide as the time draws near.

bullwinkle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2013-01-31

Dean Murdoch likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by canadagael Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:41 am

Yep!

Also, hi everyone. Gaels fan by day, Pilots fan by night. Sometimes I hang out with Dean Murdoch, usually on Thursdays and Saturdays.
canadagael
canadagael
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2022-01-25

Dean Murdoch and Fox Mulder like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:50 pm

bullwinkle wrote:We've got reservations, but also have travel insurance so we can decide as the time draws near.  

We just booked ourselves.

Really wanted to get to a game this year and had Montana State, BYU in Portland, and Vegas circled as options. Couldn't make the drive to Bozeman work and the BYU game obviously didn't pan out, so here we go!

canadagael wrote:Sometimes I hang out with Dean Murdoch, usually on Thursdays and Saturdays.

Wink
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:24 pm

Dean Murdoch wrote:Really wanted to get to a game this year and had Montana State, BYU in Portland, and Vegas circled as options. Couldn't make the drive to Bozeman work and the BYU game obviously didn't pan out, so here we go!
Told today that the WCC does not force schools to makeup "postponed" games, and it is likely BYU will NOT play at UP this season.

Not sure why the Cougars are ducking UP in Portland, but I know the Pilot players, who played evenly with BYU for 35 minutes last week, would like a rematch.

Perhaps Scott will find another opponent to fill the void...
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11253
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:09 pm

canadagael wrote:Also, hi everyone. Gaels fan by day, Pilots fan by night. Sometimes I hang out with Dean Murdoch, usually on Thursdays and Saturdays.
Welcome to PilotNation, canadagail, although I question your choice of people to hang out with... Razz

Love your picture in the hallway to the Orleans Arena...
2022 WCC Tournament 974-5410
You look a lot like this guy wearing his Gael's mask while watching his team fall to BYU:
2022 WCC Tournament Inkedc13
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

canadagael likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by canadagael Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:15 am

DoubleDipper wrote:
canadagael wrote:Also, hi everyone. Gaels fan by day, Pilots fan by night. Sometimes I hang out with Dean Murdoch, usually on Thursdays and Saturdays.
Welcome to PilotNation, canadagail, although I question your choice of people to hang out with... Razz

Love your picture in the hallway to the Orleans Arena...
2022 WCC Tournament 974-5410
You look a lot like this guy wearing his Gael's mask while watching his team fall to BYU:
2022 WCC Tournament Inkedc13

My oh my. I see Murdoch was snapping unauthorized pictures of a Gaels fan at his lowest, after an uninspired loss to the hated Cougars. We've watched many WCC games from those chairs, from the 'Dellavadagger' to the Bobby Sharp game (suck it, BYU).

I've heard about the infamous 'DoubleDipper' on many occasions, and hear he was a big part of the win over Cal Poly 2022 WCC Tournament 1f600

Hoping to meet a bunch of Pilots in March! Go Gaels (and Pilots)
canadagael
canadagael
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2022-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:56 pm

canadagael wrote:We've watched many WCC games from those chairs, from the 'Dellavadagger' to the Bobby Sharp game

You'll notice our top memories both include BYU losing in absolutely devastating fashion. I think that means we're doing something right.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

canadagael likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:39 pm

canadagael wrote:I've heard about the infamous 'DoubleDipper' on many occasions, and hear he was a big part of the win over Cal Poly
Oh, I think that was just frustration on the part of the Cal Poly coach.  It is true I was courtside reaching out and waving my arms at the ball handler, but he was at least 2 feet away with Mike Meadows trapping him in the backcourt.  With just one second left to get it across midcourt the ball somehow ended up in my hands as timeout was called by Cal Poly.

One of the refs told me they were saying bad things about me on the visitor’s bench, but the replay and two refs exonerated me from any involvement.

However, it was good for the Pilots that Cal Poly had to call a timeout to avoid the 10 second violation, and then another timeout to avoid having only 1 second to get it across the midcourt line on the subsequent inbound play. It had nothing to do with me…apparently the Cal Poly coach just had a poor angle on the play from the other side of the court as I reached out with peace and love.

2022 WCC Tournament Homesl10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Dean Murdoch, Fox Mulder, up7587 and canadagael like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:20 pm

I had been on the fence, but just booked Vegas flights.

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1366
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down