Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Spring Schedule

+7
UPWomenSoccerRookie
soccerjoy
Stonehouse
UPSoccerFanatic
A_Fan
Geezaldinho
purple passion
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2017 Spring Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 Spring Schedule

Post by A_Fan Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:25 pm

The Pilots had the same 12 players available last night as in the previous 2 games. They started out cold and for the first 10 or 15 minutes PSU was very competitive. However the Pilots started to play better and did so for the rest of the game. The final score was 4-0 Pilots. The first goal was by Larkin Russell. She was dribbling around the top of the box with the PSU defender hanging all over her. Suddenly the defender hit the turf, I couldn't tell why, but almost everyone stopped play assuming a penalty would be called. Russell doing as she was taught since childhood, kept on playing because there was no whistle. She took a couple of dribbles and blasted her shot past the PSU keeper. The second goal game on a corner kick (yes Geezer, finally). The ball came across the box and was shot by someone, not sure who. Kim was standing right near the goal mouth and deflected the ball away from the goalie and into the goal. At least that is how I remember the first two goals. Of course I'm an old fart and my memory might not be what it once was.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Mon May 22, 2017 1:22 pm

SouthCarolinaPilot wrote:Refresh my memory... Was it Portland State that a few years back beat us in a spring game and were so excited that they took a picture with the scoreboard?

Laura Schott has resigned as coach at Portland State. I suspect she is leaving in order to spend more time with family, as I don't think it has anything to do with how well she's done as a coach.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon May 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Considering that Bigs was hired as an assistant this Spring, I wonder if this decision wasn't made a while ago.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Mon May 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:Considering that Bigs was hired as an assistant this Spring, I wonder if this decision wasn't made a while ago.
I wondered if she might have made the decision a while ago, but held off on making it a definite decision until now so that Bigs would have the best shot at the job. On the other hand, PSU says they're going to conduct a national search. But, who are you going to get at PSU who is better than someone who coached the U23 Women's National Team?
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2