Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach Rev Radio Show--Mondays, 7-8pm, Sports 910 AM

+7
Geezaldinho
VillaGorilla
NoPoNeighbor
DoubleDipper
wrv
DTLegend
PilotNut
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Coach Rev Radio Show--Mondays, 7-8pm, Sports 910 AM - Page 2 Empty Re: Coach Rev Radio Show--Mondays, 7-8pm, Sports 910 AM

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:50 pm

PilotNut wrote:I think Bill Johnson has been reading PN!  Cool  Hi Bill!!

Yeah, I caught that too.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11811
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Coach Rev Radio Show--Mondays, 7-8pm, Sports 910 AM - Page 2 Empty Re: Coach Rev Radio Show--Mondays, 7-8pm, Sports 910 AM

Post by NoPoNeighbor Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:27 pm

i missed tonight's show. Any word on Bailey? This is alarmingly similar to last year's Baily injury... Repeated reports of his status being "day-to-day" or "week-to-week" resulted in him being out for the remainder of the season.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:31 pm

Still day to day. Won't play against UNLV.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:41 pm

I didn't listen to the show, but I'm quite sure we won't see KB again until sometime during WCC play.

Last year it was an area behind his knee, this year it is Plantar Fasciitis....a condition that usually affects we older folks or those of us who jog a lot.  It doesn't have to be serious to be very painful, and usually stretching and rest are the best ways to overcome it.  

On the two occasions I suffered from the condition it took about 3 months to overcome it enough to resume jogging.  KB is a lot younger....it shouldn't take three months, but to attempt to come back too soon will just jeopardize the rest of his final year on the Bluff.

I remember Rev saying, "day-to-day" last week on the radio show, and I just shook my head thinking, Rev's not a doctor and he's probably never had Plantar Fasciitis.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11299
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:42 pm

What was that in reference to?
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:44 pm

Something about away games.. bom
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:52 pm

Outside of Portland?  Razz Razz Razz
Geezaldinho wrote:If you don't sleep in your own bed you are on the road.
Actually, the majority of players will not be sleeping in their own beds until the dorms reopen over the January 10th weekend.... Rolling Eyes
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:13 am

DoubleDipper wrote:
What was that in reference to?

Both Bill and Rev also made reference about not being able to pull away from Sac State, and referred to some folks feeling like it was a team that maybe we should have had a larger margin of victory with.  I was glad to hear them at least acknowledge that.  Rev also mentioned that there were mixed emotions in the locker room after the game; they were glad to get the W, but also knew it was a team that they "should" have been able to put away.

I really would encourage folks to ask questions via Twitter (or send me a note, and I will get it out there for you). You don't have to wait until Monday to ask it... if you have a question now, get it out there! I don't think there are a lot of D-I programs with this sort of direct access to the Coach, so we should take advantage! Replays should be archived on the UP site if you can't listen live.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:46 pm

Tonight's show could be interesting. Please remember to post your questions on Twitter if you want to hear answers. I placed a couple direct ones out there... If you prefer that I use to PN account to post your question, you can send me a direct message here.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:12 pm

Well? Was it interesting? Any good questions and answers?
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:45 pm

Nothing too earthshaking was revealed... Rev talked about the team meeting that happened after the LMU game and the lack of execution down the stretch vs Pepp. He was measured (appropriately) in his comments about the LMU game, but I believe he did come right out and say that the performance was not acceptable. He discussed goals (aspirational) vs. standards (minimum requirements), and the play vs. LMU was not up to standards expected of the team.

Regarding finishing at the rim, he was trying to dodge the question a bit, but I think he knows that is still an issue. He commented that Thomas needed to pump fake more when a defender was in the air. A comment was made about Aitor's defense, and Rev was complimentary of what he has been able to do this year, and how he competes quite physically with Wintering in practice (Aitor does not hold back).

Bill Johnson asked Rev to comment on all the newcomers this year. Items of note: Rev believes Hartwich is going to surprise people this year with a break out game (feels he is close), Tyson is chatty, Taylor and Livingston will likely see more time with the loss of Barker... I missed any comments he made about Todd.

Rev commented that after reviewing film, Pacific runs a bunch of sets, but does not see a lot of results from them. Rev also commented that he does not feel there has been a WCC opponent yet that would be considered "unbeatable" (as opposed to being completely outmatched... but he did mention a little under his breath that @GU, @SMC may be different), but clearly we have not executed well enough to win all of them.

I am sure there was more, but it is escaping me now... scratch

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:12 pm

Thanks, Nut.....

Yeah, I doubt we'll ever hear anything earthshaking as Rev probably has to be somewhat circumspect in what he says, and here at PilotNation, most everything has already been discussed in some detail before the radio show begins.  drunken

Two surprises though....Hartwich will have a break-out game (doesn't he actually have to play some minutes for that to happen?) and Livingston will play more minutes with Barker out (really?).

Regarding the meeting after the LMU game....I was told it was a lengthy affair with a lot of opinions being aired.  IMO it seems to have worked vs. PU even though UP eventually lost the game.

I certainly don't believe GU is beatable at home, but from the games I've seen, SMC is definitely beatable in the Chiles Center if the Pilots are able to make a couple of key defensive adjustments, shoot decently, and get to the line....but more about that later when someone starts the SMC thread.

Oh, and yes I know we can listen to the archived radio shows on the UP website....but we old guys have precious little time to waste listening to two guys talking on the wireless.... I'm old!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:08 am

I should add that Rev did say that ultimately having the team ready to play (which they were not Thursday) was his responsibility, so he did take ownership there.

He also separately made a side joking comment about criticisms of his end-line out of bounds plays... he must be reading PN! Hi Coach! Cool

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Time for another show. Should the coaches be prepping to play in Spokane this week, or spend extra time preparing for the USF trap defense next week?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Difference between coaches/players and fans: coaches and players know they have to have the attitude they can win every game. Fans can be cynical.

Go Pilots, beat GU.

Last edited by up7587 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fat finger typing)

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:44 pm

Do you think that Bill Johnson's multiple references to "Pilot Nation" were referring to this site, or to a more general Pilot follower sense?  Suspect

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Haha, I wondered about that, but since I hadn't listened before, I thought he might say it all the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:16 pm

PilotNut wrote:Do you think that Bill Johnson's multiple references to "Pilot Nation" were referring to this site, or to a more general Pilot follower sense?  Suspect
Doubtful....but you never know!  He's been using that phrase on virtually every broadcast since the Coach Rev show started.

Any insights or interesting information to pass on from last night's broadcast?  

Nut, are you getting any PN tweets on the air?
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:35 pm

I haven't been asked to.... but I would be happy to! You can message me here, and I will confidentially move the question over to the PN twitter account. cyclops

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:56 pm

I know that tweets from Twitter were answered; Wally Jeter from Pilots Courtside sent a couple.  And I asked one, which Bill J. relayed somewhat inaccurately, but close enough.

No big news to those who are following developments; the Tyson playing time question was discussed. Discussion of how tough the conference is below the top two teams, i.e. no margin for error against anybody. Staff feels team has played strong most of the time in all games except LMU.  Need to avoid the periods of inefficiency, e.g. the 14-0 run by SMC.  They are not looking past GU as a lost cause (hopefully GU is looking past UP to Memphis, unfortunately, Memphis is not having a great year).

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Thanks for the update...

As for questions, I've rarely listened to the radio program due to other commitments (not lack of interest), but I have been successful emailing questions to the SID who forwards them to Bill.

The one good thing about a week off between games after GU in Spokane on Thursday is it gives some on the staff a little time to do some recruiting for the future.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:37 pm

Fire up your questions now while they are fresh in your mind! Cool

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:40 pm

I only caught the last third of the show. Any reports?

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:50 pm

The first show of the new season was last evening.....some good insights.

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:54 pm

Got an executive summary?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next