Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adin Brown joins staff

3 posters

Go down

Adin Brown joins staff Empty Adin Brown joins staff

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:53 pm

One more coach who was coached by Clive joins the staff.

He's going to be primarily working with the women, but all the coaches work with both teams.

http://portlandpilots.com/news/2013/7/26/WSOC_0726135214.aspx

Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Adin Brown joins staff Empty Re: Adin Brown joins staff

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:44 pm

In case nobody has noticed, Adin hasn't been listed as a coach for a bit. Wish him luck wherever he goes. Since Donovan Rickets retired, it might be back there.

But our concern now is who the next keeper coach will be, eh?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:03 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:In case nobody has noticed, Adin hasn't been listed as a coach for a bit. Wish him luck wherever he goes. Since  Donovan Rickets retired, it might be back there.

But our concern now is who the next keeper coach will be, eh?
What, UP is getting a Canadian keeper coach, eh?

Re: Adin, I thought he was with the Timbers in some sort of alumni role or "ambassador" for the team...or something like that.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11236
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:21 pm

If you are looking at his wiki, he was the Timbers ambassador before he joined the Pilots.

I'm not sure the wiki has been updated since then.

And no, I don't have any info the new coach will be Canadian.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Actually, I thought Adin was doing both....with the Timbers and Pilots.  I was probably misinformed.

Speaking of misinformation....I don't allow the students I work with to use wiki, so I don't use it either.  Too often the information there is inaccurate and it makes individuals way too lazy to do good honest research on a subject.

Lots of information on the web....I challenge the students to filter out the wheat from the chaff (kind of like we do here on PN). Razz
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:48 pm

As evidence his wiki wasn't updated, I'll note there is no mention of him being a coach anywhere.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:07 pm

Former UP Goalkeeper Angela Harrison Joins the Women’s Soccer Coaching Staff

On the web: http://www.portlandpilots.com/news/2015/2/9/WSOC_0209152104.aspx?path=wsoc

PORTLAND, Ore. --- The University of Portland women’s soccer program has added former Pilot goalkeeper Angela Harrison as an assistant coach, announced head coach Garrett Smith on Monday. Harrison, who comes to UP with 15 years of club coaching experience, joins the staff as a full-time goalkeeper coach.

“I’m extremely grateful for the opportunity to return to the University of Portland as an assistant coach,” Harrison said. “I’m thrilled to be a part of the staff and I’m excited to work with the team. The university has been a second home to me so this is truly a humbling experience.”

“We are all very excited to have another alum coming back to The Bluff to join the soccer program,” said Smith. “As a player, Angela proved to be one of the top goalkeepers in program history. Since then she has stayed very connected to the program through a variety of ways, and that shows just how much this team and school mean to her.

“Working in the local youth soccer community during the last several years, she has become known as one of the best GK coaches in the area and she will bring a wealth of knowledge to our current and future goalkeepers. As a passionate alum I know she will do everything she can to make us better in every aspect of our program.”

Harrison has been the Director of Goalkeeping for Crossfire Oregon/Lake Oswego SC since 2001 and she became the Oregon Premier Council’s Director of Operations in 2010. With Lake Oswego, Harrison supervises the development of all the club’s goalkeepers and she’s helped develop and guide several players who would advance to collegiate careers.

With the Oregon Premier Council, Harrison helped organized and launch the Oregon Premier League in 2010. She oversees all aspects of the league, which has developed into the largest competitive soccer league in the state of Oregon.

Harrison, who has been an analyst for UP men’s and women’s soccer web broadcasts since 2011, starred for the Pilots in the late 1990’s. Harrison still holds the program record for the lowest goals-against average in a season, which was 0.30 and came in 1998. She still ranks fifth all-time at Portland in career saves per game (2.87), is sixth in career save percentage (.835), goals-against average (0.60) and shutouts (24.5) and she’s seventh with 132 career saves. She also has a goal and two assists to her credit.

In her four years on The Bluff, the Pilots claimed two West Coast Conference titles, reached the NCAA playoffs three times and advanced to the College Cup in 1996 and 1998.

As a sophomore in 1997, Harrison helped lead Portland to its second straight league title and the Pilots set a program record with fewest goals allowed (Cool. She earned All-American Honorable Mention that year, was named the Soccer Buzz West Region Defensive Player of the Year, landed NSCAA All-West Region accolades and was named to the All-WCC First Team.

In 1998, Harrison was selected to the NCAA All-Tournament Team as the Pilots made a run to the NCAA Semifinals, and she secured All-WCC Honorable Mention as a senior in 1999.

Originally from Spokane, Wash., Harrison graduated from UP with a degree in Journalism in 2000 and she earned her M.B.A. in 2005. She currently sits on the board at Active Children Portland.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:02 pm

Speculation and rumor confirmed!

Good move, I think UP will benefit greatly from the change.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down