Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots vs Colorado St. Saturday @ 7:30 in Las Vegas

+5
NoPoNeighbor
DTLegend
pilotram
Geezaldinho
DoubleDipper
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pilots vs Colorado St. Saturday @ 7:30 in Las Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Pilots vs Colorado St. Saturday @ 7:30 in Las Vegas

Post by NoPoNeighbor Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:42 pm

What? How did he break his nose? Just checked the halftime stats. Pilots looking UGLY in the first half. Especially Tanner Riley. Get Oskars and Bryce in there.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Pilots vs Colorado St. Saturday @ 7:30 in Las Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Pilots vs Colorado St. Saturday @ 7:30 in Las Vegas

Post by dholcombe Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Elbow to the face about 30 seconds into the game.

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:52 pm

UP has missed 5 layups so far in this game.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Man, whoever runs the commercials for KDPQ is ruthless. Cuts off BJ and JB every time.

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Pilots hanging around. Theyve limited Iverson, but Hornung picked up the slack.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:19 pm

dholcombe wrote:Elbow to the face about 30 seconds into the game.

Was a foul called?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Nope.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by dholcombe Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Flat lined at the end of both halves. Fatigue?

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:38 pm

pilotram wrote:Nope.

Yeh...

Why did I know that?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:43 pm

This radio broadcast is ridiculous. It's as if the commercials (for reading the Bible?) are programmed to come on every 5 minutes, regardless of what is happening in the broadcast.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by dholcombe Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Radio broadcast or internet stream of the radio broadcast? I was assuming it was the internet stream and the actual broadcast wasn't doing it as annoyingly. I almost went to find an antenna I haven't used since moving to hook it up to get the actual radio broadcast.

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:58 pm

Internet stream. Not sure why they would be different.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Anyone know anything about what this could mean for K. Bailey? Reports have his status as "questionable" for the game on Sunday against Bradley.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:26 am

An_Undergrad wrote:Anyone know anything about what this could mean for K. Bailey? Reports have his status as "questionable" for the game on Sunday against Bradley.
I have a little knowledge about noses from my boxing days.

It's really just speculation at this point because we haven't heard the "official" magnitude of the injury, but a lot has to do with how long the swelling takes to go down and how much it affects his breathing and vision....it will also make a difference if surgery is required.

Four to six weeks is considered about the right amount of time for the nasal bones to heal and before activity that could cause trauma to the nose should be undertaken. I'm quite sure KB will want a face mask fitted and will want to return earlier than later.....but he's now got to be cautious in games and in practice.

A broken nose doesn't sound too bad, but it could be awhile before KB returns.....or, he could just say "screw it" and head right back out on the court. When Alec Wintering asked how he was doing, KB replied "I'm straight." Which is reassuring, but I don't know if that also means his nose is straight. Surprised
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11236
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:30 am

I just listened to a recorded radio broadcast of the game….fast forwarded through the commercials, but didn’t lose any of Bill Johnson due to bible babble….it must have been an internet thing.

Obviously losing KB was a game changer, but when one of your warriors goes down his replacement must step up…..he/they didn’t.

Tanner Riley went 4-14, and combined with David Carr, the two were 5/21.....that’s never going to hack it with the schedule UP plays.

Obviously Ryan Nicholas held his own, and the Rams, who lead the nation in rebounding, only had six more rebounds than the Pilots, but for the Pilot bigs to be outscored 50-28 in the paint…it's never going to result in a win.

Highlight of the night….and trending in the right direction, the play of Riley Barker. Riley gets a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. He’s probably stronger coming off the bench than starting right now, but he’s going to get some minutes.

Disappointing for sure tonight, but the defeat was not unexpected....what was unexpected was KB's injury.

The Pilots may just have to move on without KB for awhile…..it’s what good teams do.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:52 am

An_Undergrad wrote:Anyone know anything about what this could mean for K. Bailey? Reports have his status as "questionable" for the game on Sunday against Bradley.

I would be shocked if K. Bailey plays tomorrow. He never took a towel or ice off his nose during the game. It was still bleeding, and he was heading to get it reset after the game. While I didn't see it, his nose was described as being on the "other side of his face." Not good!

Vegas has been a little rough on me tonight, so I'll give the full report tomorrow (technically, later this morning) Cheers!
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:34 am

blacksheep wrote:
Vegas has been a little rough on me tonight, so I'll give the full report tomorrow (technically, later this morning) Cheers!

Meaning The Orleans is happy they comped you that room??
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:38 am

Rochin54 wrote:
blacksheep wrote:

Ha, I don't know what happeded, I looked in my wallet this morning and there's more money in it than when I got here. I must have gone to the ATM or something Cheers!
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:00 am

Barker looked much better than VdM in my opinion.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:48 am

Nagging and recurring issues, now that we're 13 games into the season:

1. Poor 3-point shooting
2. No offense from the point guards
3. VDM foul trouble
4. Missed lay-ups
5. Turnovers (improved from last year, but still making too many unforced errors)

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:32 am

NoPoNeighbor wrote:Nagging and recurring issues, now that we're 13 games into the season:

1. Poor 3-point shooting
2. No offense from the point guards
They seemed really hesitant to take a shot from behind the arc last night until the closing minutes. There were several occasions when a guard should have just gone for it. Playing gunshy in that matchup didnt do us any favors.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:43 am

blacksheep wrote:
Rochin54 wrote:
blacksheep wrote:

Ha, I don't know what happeded, I looked in my wallet this morning and there's more money in it than when I got here. I must have gone to the ATM or something Cheers!

Man, that overdraft fee is going to be a killer!!
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:46 pm

What else could the ballroom at the Palms be used for except balling....Pilots run through the plays prior to tonight's tipoff.
Pilots vs Colorado St. Saturday @ 7:30 in Las Vegas - Page 2 Ballro10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2