Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilot Men Second at Pre-Nationals

3 posters

Go down

Pilot Men Second at Pre-Nationals Empty Pilot Men Second at Pre-Nationals

Post by ekrauss Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:12 pm

The Pre-national meet at Indiana State was held this morning. Full results are on the ISU cross country website. The Pilots finished second behind Colorado. Not as many elite teams at this meet as in past years, but still a very good result. The Pilots are ranked 12th in the nation, Colorado is ranked 8th. We defeated Iona who is ranked 5th in the nation and Florida State who is ranked 11th. We also defeated Indiana, who I think was ranked 7th, but I believe they might have had one or two of their best runners out. Perhaps the best news of all is that Joash Osoro was running and did reasonably well. If he stays healthy and the team shows some improvement, we could do reasonably well at regionals and nationals. I would say we are a low-ish top-ten national team (9th or so in the country would be my estimate). Unfortunately, BYU is ranked 6th in the nation and is running pretty well. I think they just might be favored to beat us at the WCC meet. The good news is that men's cross country is about the only UP team (compared to men's and women's soccer) that is competing anywhere near their accustomed national levels this season.

ekrauss
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Pilot Men Second at Pre-Nationals Empty Re: Pilot Men Second at Pre-Nationals

Post by pilotram Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:43 pm

NOICE!
All I care about now is beating BYU at conference. Then BYU can leave to the Big East.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by UPPilots Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Congrats to the cross country boys, the most under-appreciated team on campus that's for sure!

UPPilots
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ekrauss Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:37 am

The latest national rankings are out. After their solid performance at Pre-nationals the Pilot men are ranked 8th in the nation. However, BYU is ranked 3rd. Will BYU go full force to try to capture the WCC title? My sense is they will. The conference meet is going to be something this year.

ekrauss
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:08 am

The conference meet may as well be a dual meet. Scary. We'll see if anyone else finishes in the top 14.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:44 pm

For those interested...
http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4276345
pilotram