Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Craigslist fun

2 posters

Go down

Craigslist fun Empty Craigslist fun

Post by Rochin54 Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:01 am

I sent a request for info on a rental house the other day, and got this wonderful response back:

Thanks for your response and interest in my house.

The house is very much available and it is a large 3 bedrooms and 2 bathroom house. Which was formally occupied by me and my family before we left for Nigeria for a pastoral duty, we left for a volunteer mission together with other missionaries for a development program with the aim of developing the people of west Africa physically and spiritually as God as directed us. We wanted to sale the house initially but we later changed our mind after we discovered that we wouldn't be spending more then 6 years here in Africa So as you know where the house is located at (4839 Southwest Patton Road, Portland OR 97221). Which my family and I have spent so much time and money to maintain it up till its standard. We have been trying our best to make the house as clean as possible, because am a clean person and we don't like dirt around our surroundings and also the Bible says cleanliness is next to Godliness.

So we are looking for a well-behaved, clean and honest tenant to rent out our house too. So will like you to give us your word and promise us that you will take good care of our house so that we will be happy when we come to visit you in the future... We accept short or long-term rent and month to month also.... All the utilities are included in the rent... Pets are allowed. So kindly get back to us with this information below.

RENT APPLICATION FORM
Full Name__________________________________________________
Home Phone ( )________________________
Date of Birth_________________________________
Other Phone ( )___________________
Current Address_________________Apt#________ City__________________ State______ Zip________
Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $__________Phone ( )____________
Are you married____________________________
How many people will be living in the house____________________________
Do you have a pet____________________________
Do you have a car____________________________
Occupation____________________________
Your Exact move in date____________________________
Reference ________________________
How soon can you make the deposit payment________________________
How soon do you want to receive the keys and documents of the house________________________

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words, you know that we do not see our self's yet and only putting everything into Gods hand, so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this. Looking forward to hear from you.
Best Regards

Note: the Rent is $700 and security deposit is $500

Pastor Crandall

+2347043839922

I decided I'd have some fun with him, and am sending this back:

Dear Pastor Crandall,

Wow, that is just so wonderful of you and your family to go out and spread God's love. I am honored that you would think to allow my family and I to stay in your home, especially given the cleanly state of it. Indeed, we prefer not to have dirt around our surroundings as well. I do think this is going to be a great match for both you and I.

As far as move in date, I would love to move in as soon as possible. I don't think I will need to see the house, given your cleanliness and the wonderful pictures that were in your add. Can we move in beginning next Wednesday, March 9th?

Again, thank you so much for your dedication to the Lord's work. Blessings to you and your family.

I can't wait to give him my bank account number to get him the deposit.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Craigslist fun Empty Re: Craigslist fun

Post by blacksheep Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:51 am

That's a great deal for a $1M 2,900 sq ft home, except that Pastor Crandall doesn't own it.

Check here http://www.portlandmaps.com/
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum