Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keelin Winters at U23 Womens National Team Camp

+3
fozziewozzie
keeper
soccershins
7 posters

Go down

Keelin Winters at U23 Womens National Team Camp Empty Keelin Winters at U23 Womens National Team Camp

Post by soccershins Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:27 am

The U23 WNT finished up it's december camp this weekend, playing a couple friendlies against a men's team and a women's team.

"Among the attendees, there were a handful of players that impressed Coach Irwin. Coming off a heavy college season and into going training camp while staying at the top of your game isn't an easy thing for an athlete. However Portland's Keelin Winters, Stanford's Christen Press, and Virginia's Sinead Farrelly, were some of the players Irwin made good remarks on."

TopDrawerSoccer wrote an article about it: http://topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer/college-soccer-archives/nid-19442/US-U23-WNT-gets-the-same-Thursday-results

soccershins
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-12-20

Back to top Go down

Keelin Winters at U23 Womens National Team Camp Empty Re: Keelin Winters at U23 Womens National Team Camp

Post by keeper Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:40 pm

A second story that give good press to Keelin and Elle. http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer/college-soccer-archives/nid-19441/U23-WNT-beat-the-women-tie-the-boys

keeper
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Keelin Winters at U23 Womens National Team Camp Empty Re: Keelin Winters at U23 Womens National Team Camp

Post by fozziewozzie Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:27 pm

I have told friends who I have recruited to come to the games an are mild soccer fans that the two players [as much as I LOVE all of our girls] who are national team future members, Keelin an Chloe. I hope I'm proved wrong...that we have many more players then those two!
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 pm

The real question is if Pia was paying attention? If you want the USNT to be as strong as it can be in the coming years you have to hope so.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:14 pm

As jaded as I am when it comes to our girls, I think Pia is paying attention. She still has Meg & Stephanie on the roster [not that they're not deserving], but she also had Wozzie on the roster there for awhile where others may not have not even know who Angie is/was.
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:22 pm

The US Soccer website lists Keelin and Elli as on the squad for the U23 Four Nations Tournament currently underway in La Manga Spain. The US beat Sweden 4-2 on Friday and is to play England and Norway.

I don't know, however, if the US Soccer roster is correct. The picture at this link apparently is the starting lineup for the US against Sweden. Someone tell me that isn't Kendall Johnson in the second row right:

http://api.ning.com/files/-O7q4FZxem5gZFQLBzI6WTe0e7QVfBULz8DYt6es58O41mQilOQtUhH5MJjrCHYxAicHX*lVnYiNeNGSXK-5CddgEnODUgiq/usau23team.jpg
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:34 pm

That's Kendall.

What looks wrong is that several players mentioned aren't in that picture, and Rachel Quon looks to be kneeling on the left. Also, it looks like the Penn State freshman striker is in the picture ( too lazy to look her up)

It must be mislabeled and from a different tournament. My guess is a u20 from last summer.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:40 pm

Purplegeezer wrote:That's Kendall.

What looks wrong is that several players mentioned aren't in that picture, and Rachel Quon looks to be kneeling on the left. Also, it looks like the Penn State freshman striker is in the picture ( too lazy to look her up)

It must be mislabeled and from a different tournament. My guess is a u20 from last summer.

That makes sense.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo Kid Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:28 am

Penn State #16 striker is Maya Hayes
Indigo Kid
Indigo Kid
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down