Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christine to the Empire state?

2 posters

Go down

Christine to the Empire state? Empty Christine to the Empire state?

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:56 am

this article thinks so. at least they have come to terms. I think USSoccer has to approve it, but I don't see how they can refuse. the league would lose all credibility without her in it. I wonder how much she will play before the World Cup.

The Flash’s most recent move is not very expansion club-like at all. The inspired ambition behind possibly attaining former FC Gold Pride star striker Christine Sinclair should be noted. Rochester’s Democrat and Chronicle Jeff Di Veronica tonight broke the news that the team had come to terms with the Canadian international. (This is also notable because in Di Veronica, Western New York could have something else WPS clubs have lacked thus far: a faithful beat reporter with columns to fill or blogs to post for a local newspaper). The 27 year-old had an absolutely banner 2010, leading the league in assists with 9 while en route to a WPS Championship. If that isn’t enough to seal her status as one of the world’s best female players, her FIFA World Player of the Year nomination and 2010 CONCACAF Women’s World Cup Qualifying tournament winner’s medal should. Signing Sinclair signals two things: the team wants on-the-field success now and it may want to capitalize on its close proximity to Canada, both in terms of luring in Canadian fans and perhaps players.

In addition to Sinclair, the Flash also has the #1 overall pick in the 2011 WPS Draft. Cal Bear Alex Morgan is expected to go first, what with her goal-every-other-USWNT-game ratio and all. A front line composed of Christine Sinclair and Alex Morgan? That’s promising.

http://rocnow.com/article/sports/2010101207006
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Christine to the Empire state? Empty Re: Christine to the Empire state?

Post by fan from afar Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:49 am

Rochester, eh?? Good deal - about an hour away!! I'm glad they're not playing now, though, with 2 feet of snow on the ground. Any Canadian should feel right at home here.
fan from afar
fan from afar
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Christine to the Empire state? Empty Re: Christine to the Empire state?

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Canada played the Netherlands today.
Near the end of the game it was 5-0 Canada.

Christine got two and assisted on one, Matheson got one and a PK, and Belanger scored on Christine's assist.

it looks like Canada is finding itself. ( Sophie isn't listed as a player in this game, I don't even know if she made the trip.)
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down