Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUGE, HUGE News: Kevin Bailey Commits to Portland!!!

+11
DoubleDipper
Woodless!
blacksheep
MesaPilot1
onetouchfutbol
DaTruRochin
PilotNut
IronLions
the20pointmay
Geezaldinho
Stonehouse
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HUGE, HUGE News: Kevin Bailey Commits to Portland!!! Empty HUGE, HUGE News: Kevin Bailey Commits to Portland!!!

Post by Stonehouse Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:38 pm

Kevin Bailey, a 6'5" SF out of Clovis, CA, a Rivals Top 150 player, a three-star rectuit on ESPN, and recruited by several Pac-10 teams (UCLA, Stanford, Washington) is going to be a Pilot!!! Oh, and did I mention he has a 3.97 GPA?

That is, if Twitter can be trusted. Evan Daniels is a analyst for Scout.com.:

@EvanDanielscout
Kevin Bailey has committed to Portland, per his AAU Coach Ryan Silver.
http://twitter.com/EvanDanielscout

http://www.calihighsports.com/articles/130

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/98095/kevin-bailey

Folks, this is HUGE.

Last edited by Stonehouse on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

HUGE, HUGE News: Kevin Bailey Commits to Portland!!! Empty Re: HUGE, HUGE News: Kevin Bailey Commits to Portland!!!

Post by Stonehouse Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Eric Bossi of Rivals has also posted it on his Twitter account:

@ebosshoops
Fresno shooting guard Kevin Bailey has committed to Portland. That's a Rivals150 pickup.
http://twitter.com/ebosshoops

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

HUGE, HUGE News: Kevin Bailey Commits to Portland!!! Empty Re: HUGE, HUGE News: Kevin Bailey Commits to Portland!!!

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Wow, it's popping up everywhere! they probably all got it from each other.

If it is true, this is another great get for Rev.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:56 pm

And we still have one spot open... wouldn't surprise me if they kept the last spot open for the spring signing period and tried to leverage the signings of Bailey and Cason (both big time recruits) into landing another really high quality player.

Whew... what a fun time to be a Pilot basketball fan.

Just think... next year we'll have all these underclassmen:

PG: Tim Douglas (Soph)
SG: Tanner Riley (Soph), David Carr (Fresh)
SF: Kevin Bailey (Fresh), Korey Thieleke (Soph)
PF: Dorian Cason (Fresh), Ryan Nicholas (Soph), John Bailey (Soph)
C: Riley Barker (Soph)

Plus one more open scholarship spot!

Wow, does the future look bright!!!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:06 pm

Nice. Great work by Rev and the coaching staff. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by the20pointmay Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:09 pm

Great news!!! Can we confirm that Dorian and David have officially signed as well?? From what I've seen in practices so far, Tanner and Riley Barker are going to be SOLID, and the addition of the new guys will only up the competition for spots on the floor, which can only mean good things for results in the next couple of years!!!
the20pointmay
the20pointmay
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by IronLions Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:30 pm

As I posted on dons board this is a huge get for Portland. Lmu was recruiting him so I caught a game of his during the summer. He is super athletic ... Shot needs a bit of work but he can slash to the rim and get way above it. Excellent job by you coaching staff... Was being looked at by a lot of PAC 10 schools. Very good student too.
IronLions
IronLions
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:42 pm

HUGE! wow...

Basketball

If this ends up being true, this is a huge moment in Portland Basketball... bounce bounce bounce

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:56 pm

Some video footage to wet your appetite:

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:21 pm

2 of the top 25 players in the state of CA? Damn you Rev, what have you done with my lovable loser Pilots... Razz

No but seriously, that blend of athleticism and size we have slated for next year is just flat out tantalizing... I wonder if they look for another ball handler, or if they go with another true center with that last roster spot, um this is fun!
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:2 of the top 25 players in the state of CA? Damn you Rev, what have you done with my lovable loser Pilots... Razz

No but seriously, that blend of athleticism and size we have slated for next year is just flat out tantalizing... I wonder if they look for another ball handler, or if they go with another true center with that last roster spot, um this is fun!

I know, right? Portland is going to have some awesome athleticism over the next several years - when's the last time we could say that?

A center seems to make the most sense to me, or at least another big. I know the coaches love Barker and really believe in his potential, but he can't play 40 minutes a game, and Nicholas, Bailey, and Cason are all a bit undersized to play center.

With Waterford, Douglas, and Rodgers back next year, I'm not sure a PG makes sense, though if none of those guys steps up and really develops this season, perhaps another PG will be needed.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about Rodgers, yeah big makes way more sense...

Also, it should be noted that Cason was getting recruited by the Ivy League, combine that with Bailey's pretty stellar HS GPA, those are some damn good additions to the academic community to UP as well. Nothing like increasing the average accepted GPA, rising the prestige of the school, thus making my diploma look even more awesome. Yes, ultimately it is all about me.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 pm

Wow...now that's how you build on an upset victory over UCLA. Smile

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/98095/kevin-bailey

This is our highest scoring recruit at the ESPN site I can remember. 90 is a high score for a 3 star guy...

"Bottom Line:
Bailey is an intriguing prospect because of his athleticism, frame, and high basketball IQ. He has all the intangibles to be a top-flight wing or scoring guard at the next level."---ESPN.

**Sorry about the repeat post of the ESPN link.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Here's a link to the Rivals 150 list:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-2288

Our guy is at #143. It looks like Tony Wroten committed to UW. It's so cool to be able to compete for players of this calibur. I'm pretty stunned, but, this guy obviously cares about academics and more than just basketball even with his amazing abilities...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:18 am

I looked around the net for the obligatory in your face dunk, and there are several.

I wonder if Rev will be OK with him doing this.. Wink

Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:34 am

Pilot nut,
Thx for the highlight reel!!! Better recruits entice coaches to stay at pdx come contract time also, not to mention attracting other highlight real recruits to the program and Revs excellent coaching...

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:24 am

Geezaldinho wrote:I looked around the net for the obligatory in your face dunk, and there are several.

Haha... Yes, clearly the same Bailey. I'm impressed with his multiple talents... 3.97 GPA, high basketball IQ, a smooth dunker, and he can skate! The list just keeps growing. Hahahaha...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:28 am

Geezaldinho wrote:I looked around the net for the obligatory in your face dunk, and there are several.

That's why Rev had the school bulldoze Pirate Town. Very Happy
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodless! Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:32 am

The kids these days have been skating at the steel yard in between the railroad bridge and the SJ bridge.
Woodless!
Woodless!
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:39 am

Woodless! wrote: kids these days

Come on Woodless, your real age can't be 31 I'm old!
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:39 am

Woodless! wrote:The kids these days have been skating at the steel yard in between the railroad bridge and the SJ bridge.

Yeah, maybe Bailey will like the skate park under the Burnside bridge. Smile That's where all of them hooligans hang out. Haha...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:38 pm

blacksheep wrote:
That's why Rev had the school bulldoze Pirate Town. Very Happy

Shhh. wait 'til the kid inks.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:52 pm

onetouchfutbol wrote:
Woodless! wrote:The kids these days have been skating at the steel yard in between the railroad bridge and the SJ bridge.

Yeah, maybe Bailey will like the skate park under the Burnside bridge. Smile That's where all of them hooligans hang out. Haha...
Gol durn whippersnappers! I'm old!

Back to top Go down

Post by the20pointmay Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:07 pm

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/2501/class/2011

Who's brave enough to ask Rev about when the "official" press release is coming from UP??
the20pointmay
the20pointmay
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodless! Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:48 pm

The timing of the official release may have more to do with the epic weekend of sport on the bluff this weekend...
Woodless!
Woodless!
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next