Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reveno to Oregon Ducks?

5 posters

Go down

Reveno to Oregon Ducks? Empty Reveno to Oregon Ducks?

Post by Purple_Portland_Pilot_113 Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:18 pm

The Oregon Ducks are having another down year. Any chance they could hire a West Coast Conference head coach? Reveno of Portland? Few of Gonzaga? Bennett of Saint Mary's? Not that there are many other options in the Northwest. Leave a comment on what you think. Go Pilots!
Purple_Portland_Pilot_113
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Reveno to Oregon Ducks? Empty Re: Reveno to Oregon Ducks?

Post by PilotNut Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:40 pm

Few is not going to Oregon. We have been down the path many teams. Aint going to happen.

Bennet, however... interesting. He doesnt seem too anxious to leave SMC... but with he new arena and much larger budget, it could be difficult to pass up.

Rev: Man I hope we can keep him around... and if Stanford ever comes calling, watch out. But I dont see him hopping to the next offer he gets... UP is investing in the facilities, has invested in the Asst. Coaches, and is making the commitment; I would expect a significant contract extension after this year. But it is ultimately up to every Pilot fan to invest themselves in the program and assure it's success... Buy a shirt. Buy season tickets. Join the Pilot Club. Stand up and yell during games. Let the Administration know how important this all is--write a letter, e-mail or make a phone call.

This is all up to us...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Few has been linked to his Alma Mater Oregon many times. The only way I see him moving is if he wants to coach in the BCS league-Pac 10. He has a unique situation at Gonzaga being the only thing in town to get "excited" about. I think his biggest draw is raising his family where he's been forever,however he's very comfortable where he went to college, are not you? The final thing that will keep Few in Spookane is his wife,would you really want an unhappy spouse even though you have "POTENTIALLY" (look at Monson, or Griers flop jobs) every day to come home too. As far as these yappers from Spokane that brag about the fishing, that doesn't even factor into the equation. There's a fishing hole , anywhere, anytime, their statement,lol. HE WILL RETIRE IN SPOKANE unless Phil Knight can somehow persuade him to uproot his Family. I predict this year Roy Williams would rather take the challenge at Oregon than Pew,lol, j/k.He is not a candidate,and last coach of the of the three IMO.

RB is unlikely, the only connection I see is Ernie was the coach at St marys which means absolutely nothing. If he could take his Aussie connection, maybe. (That includes of course his asst coach with massive raises for all). He would have more potential to "outrecruit" WCC type schools and get another quality player like he got with USF non qualifier Omar Samhan and pick up complementary players to go with his Bay Area studs (Diamond Simpson,etc,.....).

I don't even want to mention Rev it make me so sad..... Sad ....But I will say having sat by his wife at games a few times she comes off as a very refined,cultured woman. Where would you rather live a big city with much to offer or a small town if you were like that. The size and quality of his current home in Portland is on a big time school level I'm told from people who have been in it.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Portland_Pilot_113 Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Smile So looks like Oregon won't be hunting for any new coaches in the WCC.
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:16 pm

Oh they'll definitely be hunting... But actually catching anything? unlikely.

The expectations are brutally high there, (and with the swoosh $$$ invested it's probably deserved) I think the better route is going the promising assistant route (a la Rev) but will UO alumni be satisfied with that route? Kind of hard to say...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:37 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:Oh they'll definitely be hunting... But actually catching anything? unlikely.

The expectations are brutally high there, (and with the swoosh $$$ invested it's probably deserved) I think the better route is going the promising assistant route (a la Rev) but will UO alumni be satisfied with that route? Kind of hard to say...
UO alumni are thinking Phil Jackson! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:40 pm

That's it? I'm surprised they don't want a re-animated Red Auerbach or Adolph Rupp...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:12 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:That's it? I'm surprised they don't want a re-animated Red Auerbach or Adolph Rupp...

Both of those men have declined to comment on a possible move to Eugene.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down