Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kendall Johnson SA first team frosh

4 posters

Go down

Kendall Johnson SA  first team frosh Empty Kendall Johnson SA first team frosh

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:53 pm

Kendall made the Soccer America freshman first team. Congrats to her!

http://www.socceramerica.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=35919

SOCCER AMERICA ALL-FRESHMAN FIRST TEAM
G Adrianna Franch, Oklahoma State
M Amber Brooks, North Carolina
F Victoria DiMartino, Boston College
D Alina Garciamendez, Stanford
M Kendall Johnson, Portland
F Morgan Marlborough, Nebraska
M Kristie Mewis, Boston College
M Christine Nairn, Penn State
M Mariah Nogueira, Stanford
F Carlee Payne, BYU
D Rachel Quon, Stanford
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Kendall Johnson SA  first team frosh Empty Re: Kendall Johnson SA first team frosh

Post by SoreKnees Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:10 am

Very impressive, and well deserved!
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Kendall Johnson SA  first team frosh Empty Re: Kendall Johnson SA first team frosh

Post by Harry Redknapp Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:16 am

Looks like Stanford will continue to be tough.

And that list doesn't include Courtney Verloo, presumably because she did not see much time behind Press and O'Hara.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:32 pm

Yeah, Stanford will continue to be tough. If Cloee had played more games, I'm sure she'd be on the list too. She plays D with the composure of a senior.

It's interesting how top notch talent is also top notch in academics in women's soccer possibly a little bit more than in other sports. I think Stanford will probably continue to have recruiting success...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SoreKnees Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:27 pm

onetouchfutbol wrote:It's interesting how top notch talent is also top notch in academics in women's soccer possibly a little bit more than in other sports. I think Stanford will probably continue to have recruiting success...

Certainly more so than the big-money men's sports. I remember when I was at Stanford there was great lamentation at the (brief) rise of the Northwestern football program, because it meant that they were draining off some of the small pool of brainy football players who might otherwise have played in Palo Alto. There was a strong sense that the schools with relatively high admission standards for athletes (Northwestern, Duke, Rice, and Vanderbilt were usually cited) were all competing with Stanford for a small pool, so it was a bit of a zero-sum recruiting game among that group. I don't think that's the case in women's soccer. Given the admission boost of being an athlete, a large proportion of the girls that Stanford wants could probably get in.
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down