Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congrats

+8
wegotmorrison
cpg
MesaPilot1
Stonehouse
PurplePrideTrumpet
onetouchfutbol
PilotNut
Gopherfan33
12 posters

Go down

Congrats Empty Congrats

Post by Gopherfan33 Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:00 pm

As a Gopher fan I'm ashamed of our performance tonight, that was the worst performance I've seen from us in a long time. Awful. Don't take that as me discrediting your team though. You guys have a great team and the better team won tonight. You guys play as a team and can actually shoot the ball from the outside, something the Gophers apparently ignore in practice and recruiting.

Again, congrats. You guys have a chance to do get in the tourney and do some damage.

Gopherfan33
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Congrats Empty Re: Congrats

Post by PilotNut Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:03 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Gopherfan. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

I have to think our constant defensive switches in and out of the zone messed up any rhythm you guys could put together...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Thanks. This is a big win for us. Early season rankings are always suspect, but you guys will be a quality team this year. Wins away from home are huge for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:07 pm

Yes, thanks Gopherfan. Your team has some very fine perimeter defenders, and you definitely put a scare into us at the end of the game. I still think you'll have a fine season. It's a long season, and there's a lot of basketball to be played...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gopherfan33 Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:10 pm

onetouchfutbol wrote:Yes, thanks Gopherfan. Your team has some very fine perimeter defenders, and you definitely put a scare into us at the end of the game. I still think you'll have a fine season. It's a long season, and there's a lot of basketball to be played...

Oh yeah, our defense is really good. But the half court offense looks the same as last year, which is brutal. A lot of that was your defense though, we looked lost.

Gopherfan33
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:12 pm

Thanks for visiting, Gopherfan. To be honest I did not think the Pilots would be this good this early in the season. Minnesota has some good athletes and will be all right this year.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:13 pm

agreed on your perimeter D... and an off night shooting (all around, actually).

We all new the run was coming in the last minute... glad we were able to pull through with some free throws. MN is tough--this will be a very good win come March; I think MN will a lot of games between now and then.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:14 pm

Thanks Gopherfan... hope you aren't too bummed out about the loss, and with any luck by the end of the year it won't look like a bad loss on the resume at all. We'll try our best to keep it up! Smile

Can't say enough about our defense... we didn't shoot well, we were outmanned by their athletic perimiter defenders, we caughed it up nearly ever posession at the end... and WE STILL WON! All thanks to our terrific defense. I can't even believe it. I figured the only way we could win a game like this would be to shoot the lights out and hope to hang on. But no, we kept on grinding tonight and found a way to get the W. Unreal.

And make no mistake, this is a good Minnesota team that will easily finish in the top half of the Big 10. The UCLA and Oregon wins may be suspect, but this one isn't.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:21 pm

As a summer native of Glen , Mn and most of my relatives in the Twin Cities I wish your team nothing but good luck. I will now commence my cheering for the Golden Gophers for the rest of year. Beat the Hawkeyes, and the rest of the Big Ten .

Beautiful Downtown Glen Minnesota up HWy 47 seven miles north of Milac on the finest Lake in Minnesota......Clear Lake

MesaPilot1

Sampson and Iverson look much improved, Westbrook is a stud, Nolen showed why he was Mr Basketball a few years back, and I like the kid who was trying to guard Nik Ravio....Hoffagar sure moved down the rotation with the improvevement of talent this year, didn't he.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by cpg Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:33 pm

Another Gopher fan congratulating your team. Good luck tomorrow against W.V. I like how your coach ran the game, he was really on top of things. Hope you displace the Zags. Tubby said it best, "the best team won."

cpg
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by wegotmorrison Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Go WCC!!! Finally, we can stop hearing about how crappy our conference is with the great play of Portland, Saint Mary's, and San Diego...

But MesaPilot.. What's with that picture? You've never even sniffed the NCAA tourney, so don't hate on passion of losing in the sweet 16.

wegotmorrison
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Crying AFTER losing is one thing, but before the buzzer sounds and you are still in the game?? hmmmm I'll leave it at that...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:32 pm

...How about the WCC this year, huh!?!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:43 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOO! You know conference is going to be interesting when LMU and USF chip in some solid wins in November.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Right now I think that USF (aka Dior Lowhorn) and SCU are looking like the bottom feeders. This should be the best year for the WCC in a long time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the top 4 teams within 2 games of one another.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:22 am

Mmmm.... USF has had a lot of injuries and SCU has been without Foster a bit too... I think if San Francisco gets its players back (no guarantee on that) Pepperdine is the likely bottom feeder, though Keion Bell is legit.

Santa Clara is a bit more of a cunundrum... they just aren't playing well. Is it endemic or is it temporary? I guess we'll find out, though if I were a betting man I would wager that they will regroup and be a tough out during WCC play.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:32 pm

wegotmorrison wrote:You've never even sniffed the NCAA tourney

Quoted to emphasize ignorance.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 874

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Not true, Ammo lover. A Pilot team has made the last 16 for ten straight years, often deeper than that. And while there have been tears, no Pilot has EVER melted down like Adam Morrison did. Ever.

That's why it's hilarious.

(I'll let this Zag think about what I just wrote. Clearly a noob who didn't even know GU existed until this decade, so it could take a while...)
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:28 pm

I bet Mesa has played at least as many minutes in the NCAA tourney as wegotmorrison.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down