Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Canadian School accepted into NCAA

3 posters

Go down

First Canadian School accepted into NCAA Empty First Canadian School accepted into NCAA

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:21 pm

I haven't been keeping up with the NCAA news releases, but Rev's tweet on the NCAA email on Twitter sent me over there.

It seems that at the last meeting, Simon Fraser was accepted as the first Canadian School accepted into the NCAA ranks with provisional membership.

They will play in D2 after a probationary period.

NCAA.com

It's also interesting that the NCAA describes itself as a volunteer organization in the release. Previous to recent court cases, they were describing themselves as an unincorporated business association.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11808
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

First Canadian School accepted into NCAA Empty Re: First Canadian School accepted into NCAA

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Interesting. It kind of changes the idea of playing for a national championship, right?
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

First Canadian School accepted into NCAA Empty Re: First Canadian School accepted into NCAA

Post by mattywizz Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:09 pm

I guess they can call it the World Championships...in baseball/softball they already play the College World Series.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down