Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bone to Wazzu?

4 posters

Go down

Bone to Wazzu? Empty Bone to Wazzu?

Post by PilotNut Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Looks like Ken Bone will end up in Pullman... Oregonian Link.

Spokesman Review Link confirming the hire.

I think WSU made a good choice here... I think Ken Bone is a great choice for the Palouse.

So who takes over at PSU now?
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Bone to Wazzu? Empty Re: Bone to Wazzu?

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:49 pm

Agreed on Bone being a very solid choice to continue the program, a proven coach who already knows the area as far as recruiting and whatnot with having been at UW and PSU. It pains me to say this, but he should be able to keep the Cougs on track (haha maybe he will actually be able to draw a few regional recruits there, something Bennett never did.) As for PSU... Tough to say, I would think they have to look for another solid, well respected Assistant, but I have no idea who...

P.S. Did anyone else think the rumor as to Terry Porter being a coach of the Cougs a bit odd?? I mean he did play for Papa Bennett back in the day at Stevens Point, but I'm not sure a person with zero recruiting (or college coaching) experience would be a wise decision....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by goldhelmet Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Yeah, not sure about TP as a coach, though I loved him when he played for the Blazers.

I wonder if Jim Shaw would be interested in the PSU job. I always liked him and think he will make a good head coach one day, given the right opportunity.
goldhelmet
goldhelmet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:33 pm

Good luck to Mr. Bone. (I'm sure the Pit Crew will come up with something clever to say with that name. Rolling Eyes )

Canzano = king maker. Can't wait for his columns saying Rev needs to move on and up!

Can Bone recruit to the Palouse? Seems to me he won mostly with holdovers and transfers. Perhaps Marty can expound on who Bone's best recruits were.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:21 pm

up7587 wrote:Can Bone recruit to the Palouse? Seems to me he won mostly with holdovers and transfers.

He's lucky at Wazzu too in that regard, while they lost their PG and C, they still have the silky smooth shooter Klay Thompson and DeAngelo Casto, who was a defensive beast this year...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:23 pm

The weird thing about the hire was reading a quote in the Seattle PI where Lorenzo Romar said that he's very close to Bone's family (since Bone helped at UW) and their children would probably sit together at the games when they play (UW vs. WSU) each other. That doesn't exactly make for a good motivational newspaper clipping that you put up on the locker room bulletin board. Embarassed
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down