Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TopDrawerSoccer poll

Go down

TopDrawerSoccer poll Empty TopDrawerSoccer poll

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:57 am

Have I mentioned what a great job Topdrawer is doing this year?

he's got UP on top of the 64 team field in the third week. Here's the top 10:

1. Portland – West Coast*
2. Stanford – PAC-10*
3. Florida State – ACC*
4. Santa Clara - WCC

5. Texas A&M - Big 12*
6. Texas – Big 12
7. UCLA – Pac 10
8. North Carolina - ACC

9. Illinois – Big 10*
10. Connecticut – Big East*

You can see the rest of it here:
http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/articles.aspx?article=2676

I'm glad he seems a bit more willing to move teams around a bit more than the first week. True to his word, he's seing the trends and not getting locked into stereotypes. I don't think things are sorted out yet. Clearly, the days when you could predict the tournament field in August are over.

A couple small quibbles that will start to sort themselves out in the next few weeks-Virginia seems to be a bit ignored so far, they can make a top tier claim at this point in the season. I'd place them higher than NC at this point, but I guess old habits die hard.

Rutgers maybe isn't deserving to be in that field, and maybe San Diego and Fullerton could be recognized instead. San Diego, particularly, is standing up well against top tier competition, possibly being a front runner for the WCC #3 spot.

TopDrawer also posted an exhaustive (and exhausting) analysis of the World cup prospects for the US team. My eyes were a little crossed by the end of it. Clearly, he's been busy this weekend.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down