Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kara Lang

5 posters

Go down

Kara Lang Empty Kara Lang

Post by FSUfan Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:14 pm

Isn't she the most hated player on team Canada, from the USA's perspective. Anyway I hope Duke wins.

FSUfan
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Kara Lang Empty Re: Kara Lang

Post by Auto Pilot Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:48 pm

I am guessing the one person on the squad who is the furthest away from liking her is Amy R of USC. She has two reasons. One she was playing against USA in the olympics and two she plays for cross town rival UCLA. One the other side of the spectrum is USA team member and fellow UCLA team member Lauren Cheney who I am sure likes her very much.

On the field I would say Kara is a merciless competitor. I have spoken with her off the field and found her to be a polite and gentle young woman.

Having said that I hope Duke gets a chance I am tired of seeing UCLA and UNC every year.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by runner girl Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:33 pm

That game is only 25 minutes in, and there have already been 3 goals scored!

runner girl
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by runner girl Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:38 pm

It is now 6-1, and there's still almost 20 minutes left. Good grief!

runner girl
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:55 pm

I am guessing an all Pac 10 final Stanford v UCLA
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by FSUfan Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:02 pm

Ya, we put 5 on Duke, so no surprise.

FSUfan
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by FSUfan Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:02 pm

The surprise was Duke getting by UVA, that was not supposed to happen.

FSUfan
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:48 pm

I hope everyone realizes the implications of the UCLA/Duke game in terms of how the NCAA's criteria discriminate against West Region teams. Duke seeded ahead of USC? Duke seeded and San Diego not seeded? Pepperdine and Oregon not even in the tournament? Take a look at UCLA's scores against other teams this year. The only teams with scores as one sided as the Duke game were Portland State and Fresno State. I know that tournament games, where it's win or you're out, are different, but 6-1 is a real spanking!
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:41 pm

This 6-1 score in a quarterfinal reminds me of something that happened in 2003: The committee saw fit to put UP, SCU, and UNC in the same region when all 3 were ranked in the Top 10. In the third round, UP lost to SCU on penalties after a 0-0 draw, SCU lost to UNC in the quarters, and UNC won the final by a score of 6-0. Not the best job by the committee there either.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by runner girl Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:25 am

How about 2005? As I recall, UCLA didn't give up a goal all the way to the finals and had some very high scoring games. UP had to play Penn State in the semis, which was 0-0 and decided in pk's, and then went on to whoop UCLA 4-0 in the finals, when Angie Woznuk scored less than a minute into the game.

runner girl
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:26 pm

runner girl wrote:How about 2005? As I recall, UCLA didn't give up a goal all the way to the finals and had some very high scoring games. UP had to play Penn State in the semis, which was 0-0 and decided in pk's, and then went on to whoop UCLA 4-0 in the finals, when Angie Woznuk scored less than a minute into the game.

This reminds me: If you get a chance to watch the beginning of that game again, watch Lindsay Huie. Angie's goal started with a UCLA pass from a defender to a midfielder on UCLA's right side. Ball stolen by a Pilot -- Huie, of course. A couple of passes and an attempt by Kelsey Hollenback, I think to pass the ball in on our right to one of our forwards, either Budge or Rapinoe. Ball taken by UCLA's Jill Oakes, on the UCLA's left, with a pass out to a midfielder. Ball stolen by a Pilot -- Huie, of course, and in to Rapinoe. The rest is history. This one sequence, more than any I can remember, showed me what a critical part of that team Huie was.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down