Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More TV Coverage: Enyeart on KPTV on Sunday

+4
PurplePrideTrumpet
Auto Pilot
FANatic
PilotNut
8 posters

Go down

More TV Coverage: Enyeart on KPTV on Sunday Empty More TV Coverage: Enyeart on KPTV on Sunday

Post by PilotNut Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:57 am

I just heard that Michelle Enyeart is an in-studio guest for this Sunday’s (9/21/08) Oregon Sports Final show, which will air at 11 p.m. on KPTV Fox 12...

I look forward to even more TV coverage of the team/program!! Hopefully they will be discussing a huge Pilot win over Florida!! Twisted Evil
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

More TV Coverage: Enyeart on KPTV on Sunday Empty Re: More TV Coverage: Enyeart on KPTV on Sunday

Post by FANatic Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:02 pm

The more the exposure, the merrier! (Think I got my sayings mixed up.)

I just hope we draw more for Florida tonight than we did for last weekends, (admittedly weaker and lesser known programs), matches.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

More TV Coverage: Enyeart on KPTV on Sunday Empty Re: More TV Coverage: Enyeart on KPTV on Sunday

Post by Auto Pilot Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:03 pm

Good point FANactic Ive noticed attendance dropping off
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:12 pm

Did I just space out and lose some time, or did Auto somehow know my post before I sent it?

I swear as soon as I posted above, the system went straight to Auto's post, then I looked up and there was my post above his! And he was talking about my post. (Twilight Zone theme here.)
Weird....................
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:12 pm

Hmm maybe I'm tuned into your thought patterns. But then again I get radio broadcasts through my filings.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:44 pm

Attendance looked pretty good tonight, FANatic. The crowd got a good show too.

Edit: Tonight it was 3464, up from 2100 for SDSU and 2258 for NAU. That's the third biggest crowd for the season behind UO and UCLA.

Last edited by PurplePrideTrumpet on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To throw some random numbers out there)
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:27 am

When great Pilots seats cost the same as a Seth Rogen movie, I think I'll stick with the (much better looking and more fit) Pilots.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:44 am

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:
Attendance looked pretty good tonight, FANatic. The crowd got a good show too.

Edit: Tonight it was 3464, up from 2100 for SDSU and 2258 for NAU. That's the third biggest crowd for the season behind UO and UCLA.

That's great to see. How Pilot fans perceive the opponent definitely has a huge impact on attendance.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:28 am

Anyone who saw Michelle on KPTV last night want to fill us in on how the segment went?
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:50 am

The interview went well... it was a couple minutes long. Nothing new was released... and certainly not an in-depth discussion.

The crux of the interview was how Enyeart and the Pilots are dealing with the U-20s this fall.

Enyeart basically stated that when she is in Portland, she is #1 a Pilot, and #2 a U-20 member. When she is with the U-20 team, that takes priority, but she follows the purple closely (no big shock there).

She also stated that the team has been preparing for the departures all season, trying different lineups, etc., and that it will be hard for her to be gone right when things heat up for the playoffs...

The interviewer guy asked how Portland is able to land the big-time recruits and Michelle basically stated that during the official visits, the team makes a tremendous effort to bond with the recruits, by really just being themselves. (Nice facilities and a rabid fan base dont hurt either... but she didnt go there! Wink ).
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:14 pm

I missed it last night, but you can see the interview here:

http://www.kptv.com/video/17527927/index.html
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:40 pm

Stonehouse wrote:I missed it last night, but you can see the interview here:

http://www.kptv.com/video/17527927/index.html

Stoney--

you are a prince.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:05 pm

...and I am a pauper! (Sorry, couldn't pass on that one.)More TV Coverage: Enyeart on KPTV on Sunday Electric-guitar-054

How great it is to be getting this much local media attention this early in the season. If we go far in the tourney, I think we are going to be a huge local story. Bigger than 2002 and 2005, if we go all the way. (Just based on all the attention we have had thus far this season.)
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:09 pm

So-- did anyone else notice that Michelle said something about another recruit committing to UP?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:13 pm

I feel where you are coming from there, FANatic, but honestly I don't know if what happened in 2005 can or ever will be replicated. I mean, just the fact that we have already lost one game puts this year's team behind the titans of 2005. And as wonderful as all of our players are, no one can really match the unparalleled greatness of Christine Sinclair, who was unquestionably the best player in the country.

But really, you've got to look at the main Pilot writer at the Oregonian... Abby Height was a great writer who "got" what was happening at UP and eventually became a season ticket holder after she switched away from sports. Bo Herzog is... well... he's not Abby. He has been improving a bit, but honestly, there's a reason why the Portland Tribune's coverage has been consistently better this season... it's because they have better writers who can relate better with the team and coaches and have a grasp of what soccer is all about.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:17 pm

I missed the broadcast. Thanks for posting the link and giving us a chance to see it Stoney.

"Another recruit committed this weekend"...Oh yah...caught that Geez! The sleuthing begins to find out who that is.

"Megan Rapinoe is the Goofiest"....What?? I had my vote for Kelsey. Her blog has been very entertaining. She has a humorous way of revealing some of her teammate's personalities and gives some nice insights on team dynamics. I'm looking forward to her next post. Maybe Kelsey can get Megan to contibute a few lines about being captain of this Pilot team?

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:41 pm

I like Kelsey's blog, too, Phantom.

But please believe me, Megan is one of the goofiest people you're ever gonna know. But in a good way.

I "know" Megan fairly well, from talking to her at practices for the last several years. Like me, Megan lacks a certain amount of inhibition in her daily interaction with people. My disability has caused this issue for me. For Megan, she seems to be a little hyper and when not playing is just very funny, unpredictable and fun-loving.

Megan is just great, and her teammates love her, I'm sure. We are so fortunate to have the Rapinoe twins here. They will never be forgotten by the soccer faithful of the Pilots!
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down