Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A PALPABLE AIR OF ANTICIPATION & EXCITEMENT

+4
Stonehouse
Geezaldinho
aleppiek
FANatic
8 posters

Go down

A PALPABLE AIR OF ANTICIPATION & EXCITEMENT Empty A PALPABLE AIR OF ANTICIPATION & EXCITEMENT

Post by FANatic Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:08 am

I can feel a real air of anticipation and excitement this week, as I hang out in my usual space in the Women's Soccer Forum.

There is a feeling I have this week that I haven't felt since last year's playoffs. And it is all coming from you, (and me), Pilots fans that are simply giddy with thoughts of Saturday night's match with Oregon.

It is truly wonderful to share this with all of of you, as previously in my life I have always kept my excitement for sports teams and individual athletes to myself, for the most part. (I'm sure my family got an earful. But they're not into sports that much, in general.)

Fear not, those of you who won't be at Merlo Saturday night! For those of us that ARE at the game, will no doubt be painting vivid images of what we saw right here in our cozy little corner of the internet, just for you.

(Man, was that corny or what?)

A PALPABLE AIR OF ANTICIPATION & EXCITEMENT Group-051 Now that's cool.....
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

A PALPABLE AIR OF ANTICIPATION & EXCITEMENT Empty Re: A PALPABLE AIR OF ANTICIPATION & EXCITEMENT

Post by aleppiek Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:35 am

Its funny Fanatic, my wife who is a UP Alum ( I'm not) was saying to me yesterday... " you have said at least 2 times a day for the last week that you cant wait for the game on Sat"

So it is not just you, So its not just you... and have you seen the forecast?

A PALPABLE AIR OF ANTICIPATION & EXCITEMENT Sat_ti11
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

A PALPABLE AIR OF ANTICIPATION & EXCITEMENT Empty Re: A PALPABLE AIR OF ANTICIPATION & EXCITEMENT

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:47 am

There's a game?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11804
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:53 am

Yes Geezer, just because the NCAA thinks its an exhibition does not mean we will treat it that way. Your feigned surprise no longer phases me Wink
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:54 am

There's a young alumni event before the game too... don't forget!

(Geezer... we can slip you in, right?)

And aleppiek... I think you are an alum by proxy since you are married to one. Smile
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:00 pm

I would agree with that... Not sure if the baby will allow us to make it to the young alum event, but boy do those inexpensive microbrews sound tasty. Guess I might just have to pay the higher price for micro's in the Pilot Club.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:24 pm

For anyone unable to make the game (or any game, for that matter), dont forget the Pilot Nation Chatbox!

This is a place for members to enter our own private chat room to discuss the games in real time, when watching on TV, listening, watching livestats, etc. or if you dont have any of those options and need instant updates from those who do!

The chatbox link is located at the bottom of the "home" page... click on "Home" (just below the banner logo at the top left of the page) and scroll to the bottom and click on "Join the Chat"!

I remember several cool chats last year, particularly during road games....

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:35 pm

I too am increasingly anxious for that first game. Watching the Gold Medal game at the crack of dawn today increased my feelings of anticipation even more. Watching a game on TV is fun. However being at the venue watching a team you admire with 3000 of your closest friends, there's nothing like it.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ninjapizza Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:41 pm

PilotNut wrote:For anyone unable to make the game (or any game, for that matter), dont forget the Pilot Nation Chatbox!

I'll be there, up past my bed time. I just checked the Pilots video site and the season pass is $50. I have nothing to compare it to (other than no games for $0), but that seems fine to me.
ninjapizza
ninjapizza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:51 pm

A season pass for $50.00?... That is the price of a dinner out. Must be the best sports entertainment value in the country. Makes me want to go local just to do it. Shoot travel for me is ten times that just for one game.

I can only say "wish I could be you".
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:04 am

Auto Pilot wrote:

A season pass for $50.00?... That is the price of a dinner out. Must be the best sports entertainment value in the country. Makes me want to go local just to do it. Shoot travel for me is ten times that just for one game.

I can only say "wish I could be you".

I may be misunderstanding you, AP. But is seems like you are talking about a "season pass" to get into the Pilots home games.

I think you might have misunderstood ninjapizza's previous post about the Pilots video site. For $50 bucks, you can watch ALL the Pilots home games on the Pilots' internet website, watching live streaming video from the comforts of your home in So Cal. (All home games EXCEPT NATIONALLY TELEVISED MATCHES, that is.)

PilotNut's Post On Live Video Streaming...
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down