Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2008 Pilots Roster

Go down

2008 Pilots Roster Empty 2008 Pilots Roster

Post by FANatic Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:03 pm

Note: ninjapizza has previously announced that the Pilots Women's Soccer roster for the coming season has been published on the Pilots official web site.

I had a couple thoughts as I perused the new Pilots 2008 roster. (I've been waiting for this for some time now.)

2008 Pilots Women's Soccer Roster

One of the things that really stood out to me was Halley Kreminski's height. I had no idea she was 5'9". She is listed as a MF, but you know that with the Pilots, she could move around. Geezer also mentioned that Halley was a track star, a basketball guard, and she was considered to be the best in her state in the air. I love height and speed in soccer players no matter what positions they are asked to play.

I knew prototype central defender Michelle Olivier was 5'9". Being a Parade All-American probably means she can defend well. And you just can't teach height. It can be a real defensive tool or a very dynamic offensive weapon.

Sophomore Sara Jackman is also listed as 5'9" and we have several 5'8" and 5'7" players listed as well.

Height alone ain't gonna make you great. But the Pilots braintrust seems to be trying and succeeding in luring players that are tall, athletic and fast. Some of our players are just athletic and fast. That's not too bad either.

My guess is that Megan and Rachel will be named co-captains this year. If Megan comes out with that chip on her shoulder, and Rachel is the dervish that we all remember from 2006, it is quite possible that they will lead this very young team, (14 of the 21 players on the roster are listed as freshmen or sophomores), a long, long way this upcoming season!!!

Getting pumped yet?2008 Pilots Roster Thinking-023
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down