Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice Article about UP Marketing

+9
mattywizz
PurplePrideTrumpet
DaTruRochin
UPSoccerFanatic
Geezaldinho
A_Fan
PilotNut
aleppiek
Stonehouse
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nice Article about UP Marketing - Page 2 Empty Re: Nice Article about UP Marketing

Post by Stonehouse Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:13 am

mattywizz wrote:Dibs on first poster to be banned!
I guess I would probably have to post more often to do so, if only I was like Stonehouse and did not have a real job, or extra cirricular activities...

Oh man... where's the love, MattyWizz? You know I am home all day working on Geo Sketch Pad. And my extra curriculars include collecting Otis Nixon's Twins cards.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to add... you would have been proud of me last night. Sean and I were listening to some Busta Bust. That's right... "my flip mode squad is dangerous, so dangerous..."
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Nice Article about UP Marketing - Page 2 Empty Re: Nice Article about UP Marketing

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:11 pm

Oh man.... Is this Serious? Are you gonna make me delerious?

But anyway I would like to echo the sentiment on the forum, its pretty gosh darn legit, and everyone definitely does their best to keep everything accurate as possible, not to mention informative!!!

(Sorry about all the blazer talk 7587... but to be honest I tune out any oregon football talk, PilotNut knows my dirty dark secret as to why...)

Anyway but yeah, the cult like dedication I saw from guys like Stonehouse, Rochin54 and mattywizz make becoming a pilots fan so much easier and fun. Haha and I know the athletes see it too, whether that be them getting asked to autograph a notebook in the middle of Biology (Thanks Christine!), have a couple beer tasters raised in your honor (Sorry about that wozzy, haha but i guess the whole not being in the olympics did have one perk that came in beer sampling nirvana), etc. etc. People love their Pilots, and I know from conversations the players appreciate all the support... The heart and love for/from the fans for the smallest school in division 1 is something to definitely be proud of!!

Alas I'm rambling, and in the words of Casey Frandsen "Peace... I'm out!!"
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:51 pm

It'll be fun to see the next round of regulars join us this season, I definitely see this thing just continuing to grow. Any word on how the new girls are looking out there on the practice field?
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:27 pm

Purplegeezer wrote:So-

just exactly what are you doing in the river?

Nice Article about UP Marketing - Page 2 18-24

Wow, picked on by two of PilotNation's finest! Or is that most disturbed? Suspect

That is called flyfishing the Deschutes for steelhead, and it's time to get over there and do it again!

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:50 am

I knew it was the Deschutes! Where on the Deschutes is it?

up7587 wrote:
Purplegeezer wrote:So-

just exactly what are you doing in the river?

Nice Article about UP Marketing - Page 2 18-24

Wow, picked on by two of PilotNation's finest! Or is that most disturbed? Suspect

That is called flyfishing the Deschutes for steelhead, and it's time to get over there and do it again!

Back on topic:

I'd just like to see the effort for the Men's soccer team. I guess I just can't understand why it doesn't get the same following.

-SciFi

Nice Article about UP Marketing - Page 2 Header10
SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2007-04-28

http://pilotfans.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:57 am

PilotNut wrote:Funny how folks like that disappear once they have to give an e-mail address... and IP addresses can be tracked....

We are lucky; so far I have only had to delete a couple posts (i could count them on one hand... and have a few fingers left over) and havent banned anyone.... yet, anyway.... Suspect

Most agreed on the "We are lucky" part. I've only had to delete one or two posts myself. I will say this: If any of you see something you think is objectionable, don't hesitate to let one of us Admins know. We'd be glad to deal with it!

Stoney and Geezer, I have my eye on you. . . cyclops tongue

-SciFi

Nice Article about UP Marketing - Page 2 Header10
SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 313

http://pilotfans.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:13 am

[quote="SciFi"]
PilotNut wrote:
Stoney and Geezer, I have my eye on you. . . cyclops tongue

-SciFi

Do I get a last cigarette? Neutral
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:31 am

I see how to lead the Purple Cult in posts . . . never sleep!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:36 am

SciFi wrote:I knew it was the Deschutes! Where on the Deschutes is it?

It is the lower Deschutes, where access is pretty much limited to boat, bike or foot. It is a terrible place; too many bugs, too much wind, too many snakes. I am sure people would not enjoy going there. :face:

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:47 am

Mattywizz wrote:

Dibs on first poster to be banned!

YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND:

Nice Article about UP Marketing - Page 2 Spacecraft
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:49 am

Another smart move by the Marketing department, not sure if anyone else bit but my wife sure did on the gameday fan shirt. Good concept, the wording on the shirt says "We declare this Pilot Country" with the Villa Drumsquad flag in white on a purple t-shirt. I hope that this effort works... how intimidating would 5,000 Purple shirts on crazy people be for the Cal schools?
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:38 am

Except they are shooting for a White Out at the UCLA game and those shirts are purple.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pms275 Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:41 am

A_Fan wrote:Except they are shooting for a White Out at the UCLA game and those shirts are purple.

Yeah...That was weird to me, too.
pms275
pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:44 am

Hmm, that is odd.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:59 am

They will be giving away white shirts for the "first [certain number] people through the gates" for the UCLA white out... not sure how many they will give out, but I think it will be a significant number.

They are offering the Gameday shirt with the basketball season tickets, too. I am glad to see it. anything to finally get some decent UP apparel out there...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:03 pm

Man... I am seriously upset that my buddy is getting married that day... the odds of me making it back in time for the game is virtually nil.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:11 pm

It's the first 1000 fans who get a free Tee shirt from Comcast at the UCLA game.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:50 pm

This is over my head - (being 4'10", alot of things are over my head!).

What exactly is a "White Out" - and how does it supposedly intimidate the opponent? Nice Article about UP Marketing - Page 2 White-flag-25
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:11 pm

A "white out" (or "black out", etc) is where all of the fans wear the same color... it has a very nice effect for the TV cameras; a sea of the same color. It also tends to fire up the crowd and make them even more boisterous (a.k.a. louder!). Comcast probably donated the shirts as part of the deal to televise the game. I havent seen the shirts, but heard that they are plain white, and have the Comcast logo on the back and some sort of Pilots logo on the front.

I remember Penn St. having a "White Out" at a football game (was it last season?) that was amazing... just a huge sea of white at every camera angle...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Nice Article about UP Marketing - Page 2 Empty Here's what it looked like

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:31 pm

Here's Penn State's version of it at a pointyball game.

Nice Article about UP Marketing - Page 2 DSC04475
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:07 am

Wow,

That is impressive.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:23 am

Thanks for the info on "white outs" guys.

And nice pic, geez. It is rather strange to see all those people in white shirts.

Suppose that could help unite a crowd. Although there's nothing like an early goal or two to really drive a crowd, (especially at Merlo), into a frenzy!Nice Article about UP Marketing - Page 2 Respect-059
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2