Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential Recruit?

2 posters

Go down

Potential Recruit? Empty Potential Recruit?

Post by Stonehouse Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:00 am

No inside info here... just stumbled across a listing of the top ten 2008 point guards on the west coast, and I was surprised to see a name from Portland that I didn't recognize... Ameer Shamsud-din from Benson. 6'2" and apparently a great athlete.

Greg Hicks listed him as the No. 8 PG in the west:

http://www.socalhoops.tierranet.com/newmenswwwboard/messages/18540.html

Here is a bit more of a write up about him (with a picture):

http://stanford.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=43870

His Rivals page doesn't have UP listed as one of the schools that is recruiting him, but those things are notoriously out-of-date. Oregon, Oregon State, Washington State, Clemson, Nevada, LMU and Portland State are some of the other schools after him. Lots of BCS schools, so it would be tough.

But also on the list is Stanford, which leads me to believe that he is solid academically and fits the profile of the types of guys Reveno has been working on bringing in.

Again, I have no idea if UP is interested in him at all, but he seems like an intriguing prospect.

Of course, I would LOVE if Garrett Sim came to The Bluff and I know they showed a lot of interest in him, but I think Stanford has him all but locked up.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Potential Recruit? Empty Re: Potential Recruit?

Post by upsailor Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:26 pm

There are others listed on "oregon live- high school sports". Sims seem headed to Stanford if he qualifies. Shamsud-din does not list Pilots as you say, but there are some players from Oregon who do.
Nadav Heyman from Corvallis PG who the Pilots may be looking at. Listed as #7 PG in Oreg. Cameron Jackson from Roosevelt listed as #7 combo guard in Oreg. Anthony Golden from Madison listed as #1 combo guard in Oreg. Mayhew from S Eugene SF listed as #2 in Oreg. and Boswell from Aloha PF listed as #3 in Oreg.
Northwest Hoops rated these playerss and all listed the Pilots as a school they were interested in, several as the #1 school.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down