Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

44 Seconds @ TrackTown USA

2 posters

Go down

44 Seconds @ TrackTown USA Empty 44 Seconds @ TrackTown USA

Post by GUPhantom Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:00 pm

I attended Session 5 of the US Track and Field Olympics Trials (July 3rd). There were no Pilots to cheer in this session. I know they had competed earlier in the week. Would've been awesome to see them but TrackTown USA did not disappoint. They've got the place spruced up. Hayward Field and the performances of the athletes shined! Great evening to start the holiday weekend. Between BBQs and the Fireworks...here is a compilation of 3 clips I was able to put together. The premiere event was the Men's 400M Final won by LaShawn Merrit in 44 secs. He beat favored Jeremy Wariner (2004 Gold Medalist and 2007 World Champion). Micheal Johnson was there to medal them. There's also short clips I included of the Men's 3000M Steeplechase and the Women's 1500M Quarterfinals.

You know...when they play that "Olympic Theme" before each event...it certainly is the perfect piece of music to hear. Very Inspiring!!! Makes your hair standup and tingle. Wasn't expecting it have that kind of effect on me! Sweet!

44 Seconds - Men's 400M Final

Lots of good stuff to watch but too many things happening at once with this sport. Also saw Women's 3000M Steeplechase. Women's Pole Volt Quailfying, Men's High Jump Qualifying, Men's and Women's 1500M Quarterfinals, Men's Discus Qualifier, Women's Hammer Throw Qualifier.

44 Seconds @ TrackTown USA Trackt12

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

44 Seconds @ TrackTown USA Empty Great Photo!

Post by FANatic Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:41 am

Phantom - Thanks for sharing your experiences at Track Town USA. I would haved loved to be there. (I'm pretty much homebound these days - except for my short walks up to the Bluff.)

That is simply an incredible picture on your post. Never having been to Hayward Field, even though I've been a fan since the "Pre" days, I never had a clear picture of what the fuss was all about. Wow! It looks phenomenal.

I'm glad you had such a great time. And it sounds like more big events will be coming to Eugene in the years ahead. I believe Vin Lananna has had a huge hand in all of this, plus the AD, President of the University, and, of course, Phil and his big Swooooooosh!!!
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down