Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Memory of Dr. C

+3
Stonehouse
PilotNut
PilotDrummer
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In Memory of Dr. C - Page 2 Empty Re: In Memory of Dr. C

Post by PilotDrummer Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:40 am

The endowed scholarship was mentioned a little earlier - I ran across the following on the blog:

If you would like to make a memorial contribution in Philip's memory, please make gifts towards the "Dr. Philip T. Cansler Trumpet Endowed Scholarship".

This can be done in several ways:
1) By phone at 503-943-7395 – Just tell the person who answers that you want to make a gift to that scholarship in Dr. Cansler’s memory.
2) Online at http://www.up.edu/giving/ - Select that scholarship from the drop down menu of choices.
3) By check mailed to:

Office of Development
University of Portland
5000 N Willamette Blvd
Portland, OR 97203

With a note indicating that your gift is in memory of Dr. Cansle
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by goldhelmet Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:20 pm

I will truely miss Dr. C. What a great person he was, and what wonderful memories he leaves us aobut our EACC experiences over the years. I really feel the the Pilot band is something unique that no other school in the WCC can match. It is one of the truely special things about going to a UP game. Dr. C is largely responsible for that. My prayers go out to his family.

Let's all keep his memory alive by supporting the band however we can, and singing the fight song as loudly and enthusiastically as we can whenever we have the opportunity.

God Bless you Dr. C,. We will miss you.
goldhelmet
goldhelmet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:36 am

Bump. I am un-sticky-ing this topic, but I hope anyone else with thoughts, stories, pictures, etc., will still add them.

The Athletic Department should induct Dr. C into the Hall of Fame very soon... and I hope an appropriate tribute is done this fall at the first home game! Maybe even raise a little money and name something in his honor... I'd contribute, and I think others would too, if asked...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:57 am

It's been mentioned, but there will be a service when the students get back in the fall.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

In Memory of Dr. C - Page 2 Empty Dr. C Memorial

Post by PilotDrummer Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:52 am

Just found out from a few sources on campus that Dr. C's memorial will be September 2 at 5PM. Didn't hear a location, but I'm guessing it would be the Chapel of Christ the Teacher.

As I hear more I'll pass it along.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2