Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sim

4 posters

Go down

Sim Empty Sim

Post by piloted Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:40 pm

Signing of Campbell is promising although disappointing as I had (far fetched!) hopes that Pilots could get Sim since they were one of the 1st to offer him some time ago. With Campbell being a JC transfer makes me think this was done to shore up poor PG play and that there probably was not any strong freshman prospects left (that would sign with UP). Anyone think Campbell is that good that we signed him while we could to not wait around for the Sim sweepstakes? Anyone know who else Campbell was looking at?

piloted
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Sim Empty Re: Sim

Post by DTLegend Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:10 pm

well when we started recruiting Campbell, Sim had already agreed with Cal, so we went out and got the best Point Guard who was interested. That is my understanding. From what I have heard this kid is pretty good. Probably not the potential of Sim, but he's a proven leader and an outstanding athlete. So when the Sim saga unfolded, we weren't expecting it. There may be ways to which Sim is still a possibility, i'm not quite sure what they are but there may still be hope.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:18 am

Yeah, it's fun to think abou Sim coming here, but honestly... he signed with a Pac-10 team before he had an awesome senior year in which he was tops in the state in scoring and co-player of the year. I think there are some bigger schools looking at him than us... namely Oregon and Washington State. And who knows who else might swoop in... look at all the teams from all over the country interested in Brad Tinsley and Paul McCoy.

So yeah... I'm happy with the signing of Campbell, since I know the coaches are excited about him and he really fills a need area for us.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by upsailor Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:33 pm

We never had a chance at signing Sim. Just because we offered him does not mean he was interested in UP. First it was Stanford last year and his grades were not up to it. Then a hint of Santa Clara. Later another Pac 10 school or two and finally Cal.
Campbell is a good signing for us. A Jr. good JC experience and besides wehave enough young players. Let the grow stronger and develope.
We also have some depth for the first time

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum