Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UP Almost Had Gyno Pomare

Go down

UP Almost Had Gyno Pomare Empty UP Almost Had Gyno Pomare

Post by Stonehouse Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:48 am

Not sure if everyone on here knew about that... it recently showed up again in an article about USD and Brad Holland:

Among Holland's key recruits was Pomare. The former El Camino High star nearly went to the University of Portland, before deciding to stay closer to home.

"They came at me hard,'' Pomare said of Holland and his assistants. "I appreciate it and I made the right choice for sure. Coach Holland was great, and I love him.''

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/03/23/sports/paris/81d7879bc9cf8c2188257414007fdb61.txt

After Pomare went to USD, we ended up getting Marcus Lewis instead. Lewis was a great talent but had some character issues coming in... unfortunately we all know what happened there. (By the way... Lewis was starting for Oral Roberts, which went to the tournament and won their conference.)

I've never been the biggest Gyno Pomare fan in the world - I know he's a two-time all-WCC first team guy but it seems like he sleepwalks through games sometimes - but boy did he have a great tournament! I wonder if that will springboard into a super senior season, because he's definitely got the talent to do more than he has already. Side note: I've never seen Pomare more animated on the court than the game up in Portland this year. He and Kramer were really getting after it, and I remember a bit of that bad blood carrying over to the game at San Diego as well.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum