Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little things in life that make a difference...

+4
Geezaldinho
Stonehouse
PilotNut
Rochin54
8 posters

Go down

Little things in life that make a difference... Empty Little things in life that make a difference...

Post by Rochin54 Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:19 am

What are the litle things in life that make a difference to you? This thought occurred to me last night as I went to a puclic restroom, and it included urinals that had the fly stamped in them so as to reduce any "splattering" that may occur. It made my night.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Little things in life that make a difference... Empty Re: Little things in life that make a difference...

Post by PilotNut Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:48 am

What is "the fly"?

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Little things in life that make a difference... Empty Re: Little things in life that make a difference...

Post by Rochin54 Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:16 am

They paint a little fly on the urinal, and they've found that men naturally want to aim at the fly (it looks kinda real). If they paint it on a spot that if the guyy aims there at it splatters less, then there is less clean-up in the restroom, and its just cleaner for everyone.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:32 am

Hmmm, I like the concept. A win-win.

One thing that has made a notable improvement in my life: I finally invested $10 in a couple bottle openers and attached one to each of my coolers and stuck one in the trunk of my car. This has greatly reduced the incidences of being stuck somewhere w/o a bottle opener for whatever miscellaneous beverages that may require one.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:47 pm

Great topic, Rochin. I too have seen a target like that (though never flies), and they crack me up.

The thing that I think is SERIOUSLY underrated and always makes me happy when they are there - coat hooks at bars/restaurants. I hate going into a bar and having to either pay to get it checked or just stuffing it underneath my seat. Whenever there is a hook either underneath the table/bar or on the side of the booth, well, that just makes my day! Smile
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:01 pm

It doesn't take much to keep you guys happy, does it?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:04 pm

This board makes a difference in my life! TOOT TOOT! Wink Razz Cool

-SciFi

Little things in life that make a difference... Header10
SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 313

http://pilotfans.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Little things in life that make a difference... Empty Amazing post

Post by PilotNut Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:12 pm

SciFi wrote:This board makes a difference in my life! TOOT TOOT! Wink Razz Cool

-SciFi

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! I think this is the best post in the (11-month) history of Pilot Nation! Very Happy

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Oooh... so many little things that make my life so great... whether that be King Burrito (need I say more)... the fact that any local supermarket carries at least 15 kinds of microbrew (Eat that Rochin54!!!) Funny story... my mom read about the "fly" study that you were referring to earlier and so she had someone make a rubber spider out of a friends "creepy crawlers" oven thingy (those things were awesome btw) and then glued it in the back of the toilet for my brothers and I... It actually worked pretty well, somehow having a target to shoot at was not only fun in its sporting nature, but also did reduce in, shall i say inaccuracies... But I digress...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:32 pm

I totally forgot to put down my own little invention that makes me happy every day, but the inclusion of pockets in athletic shorts... its great, I can slip on my comfy basketball shorts, and still have pockets to keep my keys, wallet, phone or whatever and I don't even have to deal with changing or anything.... I thought about modifying the pilot shorts (that match the legendary Rochin jersey) to include such an innovation, but then I realized I would suffer the wrath of the entire Pilot Nation forum and decided against it... But yeah, basketball shorts with pockets are awesome, I strongly suggest you pick up a pair
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:56 pm

you must have to wear suspenders to keep on the matching shorts....

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:56 am

Actually NO... the shorts I got were not matching in size, just style, they fit perfectly!!! I must have been one of the lucky few to find a pair from one of the walk ons that year... And Rochin54 has never forgiven me for it... lol!
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:21 am

true - nor snagging the Coky jersey before I could get to it.....my life is incomplete.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:23 pm

I let you wear that jersey so many times... When will you ever move on??
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:51 pm

You gotta get that thing autographed!

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:35 am

Great topic, Rochin54! Over the years, I have had many times when I thought, "Ah, the little things!". Since my memory is in decline, unfortunately, I don't recall too many. However, one that does come to mind is getting comfy, sitting up in bed with the electric blanket on, putting on a good DVD, and drinking my fav drink! geek Yup!!!
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:35 am

And do tell, what's the drink of choice in the FANatic household?
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:12 pm

FANatic wrote:Great topic, Rochin54! Over the years, I have had many times when I thought, "Ah, the little things!". Since my memory is in decline, unfortunately, I don't recall too many. However, one that does come to mind is getting comfy, sitting up in bed with the electric blanket on, putting on a good DVD, and drinking my fav drink! geek Yup!!!

Apparently a bed, DVD, and blanket aren't essential to the scenario, as has been mentioned here

Has ANYBODY found his pants yet?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:27 am

Sorry I'm so late with my response, Rochin54. I'm simply just an unreliable sap! Actually I don't check this thread too often as I am kind of addicted (like heroin) to the women's soccer team.

The drink of choice in the FANatic household is, (sorry buddy, but I am the most boring person in the world -or so my wife and kids tell me), Diet Coke. In my younger years I drank enough beer for three lifetimes, until my wife saved me by strapping me to a chair and making me watch taped re-runs of The Brady Bunch for hours on end. (I know - many of you love that show. However, to me they're just a bunch of......!) She started giving me Diet Coke to quench my cravings until I was thorough addicted to the caffeine in D. Coke. She then untied me and we lived happily ever after. She's definately NOT allowed in the bed, however, when I am cozily watching my DVD's. :face:
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:41 am

It's really not a "little" thing... but I finally just upgraded to HD with my cable. OMG! I cant stand watching crappy ol' analog any more...

Hopefully I will be able to watch some Pilots in HD soon...

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:01 pm

Speaking of HD...The Century Theater at Clackamas Town Center (opened last Dec.) is all digital, all the time. It is AWESOME! Will Ferrell as a basketball player is funny, but it's even funnier in HD...
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:32 am

Pilot nut - this seems wierd, but I've heard it from multiple people, and recently a good friend who got HD about two weeks ago. He has never watched hockey before in his life (well, maybe occassionally). He said that hockey games in HD are just awesome. He won't become a fan of hokey to the point of following it, but he'll watch some games when they're in HD. Check it out.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:51 am

Thanks for the heads up... I haven't seen any hockey yet (but there are a bunch of NHL pay-per-view channels!) I like hockey in person... ok, I like the spectacle of it, and the associated beer... but you know, in HD, you might actually be able to follow the puck...

Oh, and the DVR! Now that is cool!

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:04 am

agreed - dvr is probably the coolest thing ever. I got mine abouta year ago, and it's just awesome.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down