Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 Volleyball roster

3 posters

Go down

2019 Volleyball roster Empty 2019 Volleyball roster

Post by eProf Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:38 pm

According to the Ole Miss website, Izzy Guzik has transferred there: https://olemisssports.com/news/2019/1/17/volleyball-adds-guzik-for-2019-campaign.aspx
eProf
eProf
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

2019 Volleyball roster Empty Re: 2019 Volleyball roster

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:51 pm

eProf wrote:According to the Ole Miss website, Izzy Guzik has transferred there:
Yeah, apparently their was some club connection there, but also the desire to go to a big school with big-time sports, especially football!

The other name missing from this year's roster, and a much bigger loss, IMO, is Cali Thompson.  I've heard her family encouraged to head to the Pac-12 for her final year of play....possibly UCLA.  An engineering major, I can't imagine this move will help her studies, but maybe UCLA will look good on her diploma.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:50 pm

It is worth noting that Kylie Ristvedt no longer appears on the roster page. I am uncertain whether that is indication of her transfer as well, but perhaps.

As she did not play much last year, the effect of her transfer, if occurring, is difficult to gage. If she is not transferring and I am assuming too much, my apology to Kylie.

Both Guzik and Thompson are real losses.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:00 pm

wrv wrote:It is worth noting that Kylie Ristvedt no longer appears on the roster page. I am uncertain whether that is indication of her transfer as well, but perhaps.
Yes, Kylie has transferred to join her big sister, Taylor, and twin sister, Ella, at Southern Oregon.  

Kylie wasn't expected to get much playing time at UP, so in many ways it's a win/win for Kylie and UP as she'll be getting plenty of playing time with her sisters and UP has an open scholarship.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:45 pm

The Pilots have a new assistant coach, Megan Burton.  Megan has been an assistant at Nevada the past 5 seasons, but most will probably remember Megan as an All-WCC standout at SMC 7 or 8 years ago.  

Megan replaces Betsy Sedlak who headed off to graduate school.

2019 Volleyball roster Burton10

https://portlandpilots.com/news/2019/3/12/megan-burton-joins-volleyball-coaching-staff.aspx
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:14 pm

Jeff Baxter Named Canada Women’s Volleyball Assistant Coach...and thankfully he'll also continue to coach the UP Volleyball team.

scratch I don't think Jeff is Canadian, but he did work with the USA team for awhile... study

https://portlandpilots.com/news/2019/4/18/jeff-baxter-named-canada-womens-volleyball-assistant-coach.aspx?path=wvball
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down