Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome News - Angie and Steph named to US Roster!

+2
Geezaldinho
Stonehouse
6 posters

Go down

Awesome News - Angie and Steph named to US Roster! Empty Awesome News - Angie and Steph named to US Roster!

Post by Stonehouse Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:06 pm

Check it out:

http://www.portlandpilots.com/sports/wsoccer/release.asp?release_id=4744

Way to go Angie and Steph... you both deserve it!!!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Awesome News - Angie and Steph named to US Roster! Empty Re: Awesome News - Angie and Steph named to US Roster!

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Wow! great news. Mrs. Cox I expected - I had my fingers crossed with Angie.

It looks like Pia is not scared to make some changes. There's no doubt in my mind that you'll see more play through the midfield that over it -- UP style soccer.

Especially glad to see that Angie has a chance to make her mark. It looks like we're not done watching her play. Nothin' better than that!
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Awesome News - Angie and Steph named to US Roster! Empty Re: Awesome News - Angie and Steph named to US Roster!

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:29 pm

Woo, Woo, Way to go ladies! cheers

This could signal a real change -- 7 basically new players on a 20-team roster, with two great-passing new midfielders in Angie and DeMartino.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:32 pm

Gotta love it!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Knew Steph would make it. Like geez, I thought Wozzie deserved it, but didn't know what the new coach would do with her.

CONGRATS.....now let's see what Pia can do with these players!
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:25 pm

i was very happy to see angie make the team along with steph. i felt strongly she would. from what i have read on ussoccer.com, dimartino has been pretty impressive from what i have gleaned. i hope an expect angie's competive nature an desire to kick things up to another level.

another thing i noticed, and i'm not sure about this, but heather mitts was not on the roster an i feel pretty strongly shes healthy again. i'm sure someone knows better than me. remember, going into the world cup, mitts was starting in steph's spot. am i wrong? i wouldn't be surprised.

go pilots!!!
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:32 pm

sorry to be long winded, but i wouldn't be surprised to see pia go for finding combinations an chemistry than winning the 4 nations tourney. so, hopefully, angie will get some significant playing time in this tourney.

also, ussocer.com says it will not do a gametracker for the tourney. only a summary of the games an maybe pic's on their wnt blog. Sad
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:33 pm

That's fabulous news! Steph and Angie can certainly influence the style of play Pia is probably trying to instill. Hopefully, we see the WNT demonstrate better team play with some emphaisis on passing, possession and fluid ball movement through each 3rd.

Their first game of the tournament is against Canada...hello Christine and Sophie!! I didn't see that the matches will be broadcasted internationally. Anyone? Maybe the Fox Soccer Channel? Aw shucks!! This particular game would be very interesting to watch!

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down