Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTEN: First Ever Championship Match

2 posters

Go down

WTEN: First Ever Championship Match Empty WTEN: First Ever Championship Match

Post by PilotNut Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:28 pm

UP Link

Congrats to the UP Women's Tennis seed for earning the #2 seed in WCC play, and for sweeping USF today in the championships to earn their first ever trip to the Championship match tomorrow, vs perennial powerhouse Pepperdine.

The championship match is scheduled for a 10 a.m. start and fans can follow live scoring at www.WCCSports.com and via Twitter by following @PortlandPilots.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

WTEN: First Ever Championship Match Empty Re: WTEN: First Ever Championship Match

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Nut, ever since you wrote this after lamenting UP's baseball fortunes.....
PilotNut wrote:Maybe our Tennis teams will be good this year...  Rolling Eyes pale
.....I've been waiting for you to comment on the great play of the women's tennis team.

Although I've been to Wimbledon a couple of times, I know next to nothing about tennis except how to keep score.

Maybe we'll all learn something by getting up on a Saturday morning early enough to watch the final online.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

WTEN: First Ever Championship Match Empty Re: WTEN: First Ever Championship Match

Post by PilotNut Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:17 pm

A great showing by the women this year (the men earned the #5 seed, but lost in the opening round vs. #4 Pacific--no shame in that).

I understand how a "regular" tennis match is scored...  I don't really understand how team competitions like this are scored.  Does anyone have insight?  For example, the Pilots beat USF 4-0 (best out of 7?) but lost to Pepp earlier this season 0-7.  scratch  Do they not play all the rounds in tourney play?

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down