Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots @ SCU, 5pm tip

+2
DoubleDipper
PilotNut
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pilots @ SCU, 5pm tip - Page 2 Empty Re: Pilots @ SCU, 5pm tip

Post by Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:19 pm

4 games are against teams ahead of us, and 2 are teams behind us. Love to see a strong finish. Nobody left has been consistent enough to be unbeatable. Neither have the Pilots, but they've got to be feeling good right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:46 pm

Pilots fans were out in force tonight....we had 60 behind the bench and at least the same number to the left of the bench in the end-zone. The players and coaches knew we were there from the noise that was being made.

I'd forgotten how bad the acoustics and scoreboard are in the Leavey Center; except for keeping track of the running time and score, it was worthless!

I have nothing to add to the game commentary except to say what wonderful humor Philipp showed with his sheepish grin and the ribbing he was taking from his teammates after bouncing his second free throw off the backboard and in for his 3rd point of the night.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11214
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:51 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Pilots fans were out in force tonight....we had 60 behind the bench and at least the same number to the left of the bench in the end-zone.  The players and coaches knew we were there from the noise that was being made.

I'd forgotten how bad the acoustics and scoreboard are in the Leavey Center; except for keeping track of the running time and score, it was worthless!

I have nothing to add to the game commentary except to say what wonderful humor Philipp showed with his sheepish grin and the ribbing he was taking from his teammates after bouncing his second free throw off the backboard and in for his 3rd point of the night.

Nice work, DD! Glad your road trip paid off with a victory to celebrate.

The announcers on theW.tv told us they heard Phillip call "back" before the shot. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:20 am

I just watched the highlights of the game from the Santa Clara site.

We got creamed 29-0.

Good thing we were able to sneak a few in when nobody was looking...
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:11 pm

This is our first 2-game winning streak in WCC play since beating LMU and Pepperdine at home last February (we then lost 7 in a row to close the season).

Incredibly, the last time we had a 3-game WCC winning streak was 2010! That year we had one 4-game conference streak, and two other 3-game streaks:

vsLMU, vsPepp, @USF, @SCU
vsUSD, vsSMC, @Pepp
vsUSF, vsSCU, USD (WCC tourney)

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2