Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone out there from the NYC / NJ area?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone out there from the NYC / NJ area? Empty Anyone out there from the NYC / NJ area?

Post by GUYMAN Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:46 am

Guy from northern NJ here. Just joined the Forum. Not alumn, I like to follow Catholic college athletics (especially Order of the HC). Honestly never knew that U or Portland had such an affiliation.........

GUYMAN
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

Anyone out there from the NYC / NJ area? Empty Re: Anyone out there from the NYC / NJ area?

Post by PilotNut Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:10 am

Welcome aboard!  It's always good to have an East Coast view of things; I have to think there are others....  anyone?!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Anyone out there from the NYC / NJ area? Empty Re: Anyone out there from the NYC / NJ area?

Post by GUYMAN Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:07 am

Thanks, people here really have zero knowledge of the Pilots. If you tell them the Conference that Gonzaga is in you at least can get a pulse, lol....

GUYMAN
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:58 am

I'm from LI, my wife is from just across the river in NJ.

Yanks or Mets?
Giants or Jets?
Knicks or Nets?

Here's test. Name the best pizza place.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by GUYMAN Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:08 am

Where in Jersey? I live in Lincoln Park (near Wayne) now, but lived almost my whole life in Westwood (Bergen County).

Yankees (but I'm actually a Cardinals fan).
Giants
Celtics, lol

Dominos. Kidding! Seriously, there so many great local pizza joints, I really can't say.

GUYMAN
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:51 am

Mrs Geezer is from N. Plainfield. Her relatives have moved up the hill to Bound Brook.

Giants and Jets both. You don't really ever have to chose.
Mets, Knicks. Lots of anguish since 1969.

Oh yeah, Rangers. Ditto.
The best NJ pizza was Natale's in Plainfield. They closed in the 80's. Now we make do with Pepe's or the Brick Oven in North Bergen. I place the pickup order while I'm at the carousel at Newark. I just tell 'em the guy from Portland is in town.

Pizzaland is also surprisingly good, despite the Soprano's hype.

But we both agree the best ever is little Vincent's in Huntington NY. Been there since the 40's and there actually was a guy named Vincent. His kids have branched out all over the state. His claim to fame was the cold cheese pizza - Mozzarella applied after the pie left the oven. It was especially designed for drunk college kids so they wouldn't burn the roof of their mouth. If you can wait five minutes, the regular is better.

Anyone out there from the NYC / NJ area? Cd2b85ea9a48f13128051c74d866c9e8

About every five years I make the trek out to the Island and get a pie there and go to Finnegan's pub where guys I played HS ball with still hang out. Tell the same lies.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GUYMAN Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:00 pm

I'm a huge Rangers fan. I recall the days when the Icelanders were our hated rivals. not the Jersey Devils. Actually going to the Ranger game tonight. Lots of anguish, but hey there is 1994.

So are you in Portland now or what?

GUYMAN
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:16 pm

Yeah, been here 22 years. As much as I have fond memories, my ashes will go in the local cemetery.
Be back for Christmas, though. Back here in time for Gonzaga.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GUYMAN Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Cool. I just sent you a PM.....

GUYMAN
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:39 pm

GUYMAN wrote:Lots of anguish, but hey there is 1994.

Ugh.

Back to top Go down