Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UP App

Go down

UP App Empty UP App

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:34 am

I discovered a UP app in the Apple App Store. I'm just wondering if anyone here uses it and finds it to be worthwhile. I think it's free but I thought that I would pose the question anyway.

Back to top Go down

UP App Empty Re: UP App

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:45 am

An_Undergrad wrote:I discovered a UP app in the Apple App Store. I'm just wondering if anyone here uses it and finds it to be worthwhile. I think it's free but I thought that I would pose the question anyway.
Hmm, not really sure what the Apple app is, as I use Android, but I can say the Android apps that include UP are of little or no use (to me).

Android has a UP Library app and a Pilot Nation Beta app by "Stellar Sea Lions," which hasn't been updated since April, 2011....and doesn't appear to be relavant or active.

As the PilotNation site we are now using works fine on my mobile device I see no need to download ANOTHER :suspect:app!

Can you be more specific about the Apple app?
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11217
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:01 am

Sure thing: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/portland-pilots/id626098791?mt=8

I think it is just an app version of the UP website now that I look at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Porland Pilots wrote:The Pilots have gone mobile!! Download the new Portland Pilots app now! #GoPilots http://appstore.com/portlandpilots
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11217
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:34 pm

I downloaded the app and it is pretty slick; essentially just a better version of the mobile site. But, aside from the news, teams (rosters, schedules, and coaches), and photo galleries, it has more stuff that is cool and fun for in-game and out of game. The "Fan Buzz" compiles Tweets relating to Pilot athletics and tweets from the athletic department itself. "Coach Talk" compiles tweets from UP athletics and our coaches that have twitter, so right now its all Coach Rev.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum