Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blogging

3 posters

Go down

Blogging Empty Blogging

Post by DTLegend Tue May 14, 2013 12:04 pm

So as some of you have pointed out, I started writing for Westcoastconvo.com after the help wanted add popped up on here. It actually is super convenient because I had been hoping to start a blog for Portland because there isn't really anything out there for us and then this opportunity came out of no where. Anyway, the reason I'm writing is to let you know my intentions, hopes, etc. as well as get some feedback of what you guys want to see.

First off, it's expected that I contribute about 5 posts a month. Also, the administer hopes that we can expand the scope outside of basketball to include other WCC sports. I currently have a post about rowing that I'm working on. I figure my posts will be about 80% basketball, 12% soccer, 6% Cross Country, 2% everything else. I just made those numbers up so it could easily change.

What I'm hoping to provide is a little bit of inside information mixed with a little bit of analysis. I want it to be fun, so there will definitely be some fluff pieces, but hopefully they bring in readers. I'm not getting paid for this it is truly a labor of love and hope that you guys stop in and read and comment. I do want this to be an active blog, with feedback and everything so feel free to contact me with praises, complaints, story ideas, etc. I may link my story here once in a while. My first post about Gerun got just over 120 views and was the second most popular story for the first half of May, and I'm hoping that I can consistently have a top 5 story or two.

Alright, that's all for now I guess. Oh and again, please share any ideas on what you want this blog to be like.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Blogging Empty Re: Blogging

Post by DoubleDipper Tue May 14, 2013 12:22 pm

IMO you need to post a link here to your posts on Westcoastconvo every time you make one as I doubt many of us will take random looks at Westcoastconvo otherwise.

Also, consider giving the entire URL instead of just LINK so the PN Lurkey Loos can also read your story. Rolling Eyes

Finally, don't hesitate to PM if you need clarification or need "eyes on the game," as I'm sure your location in the Rockies will make it difficult to see (m)any games.

Best of luck in your writing....I look forward to your posts. Cool
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue May 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Great to hear, DTL! I look forward to reading your posts! (I might have gone with 7% Cross Country, but...) Cool

Links are good... I can add a "sticky" link to the main page if you would like...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Tue May 14, 2013 1:27 pm

I may need some eyes on the game. There are times when I can get a decent understanding of the game by reading the play by play, and radio as well, but seeing a team live gives the best perspective.

I will start adding links/urls. I don't want to flood pilotnation with self promotion so if it gets to that point let me know.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue May 14, 2013 2:10 pm

DTLegend wrote:I will start adding links/urls. I don't want to flood pilotnation with self promotion so if it gets to that point let me know.
Good point; that is why Nut's offer of a "sticky" is a good one....when we see a new sticky we can just click on that instead of finding you in various sections of PN. Cool
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down