Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013-14 Schedule

+15
ShipstadPilot11
oh brody
goldhelmet
oldtimer
blacksheep
PilotNut
dholcombe
MaizeBluePurple
DaTruRochin
mattywizz
NoPoNeighbor
Geezaldinho
DTLegend
DoubleDipper
PurplePrideTrumpet
19 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2013-14 Schedule Empty 2013-14 Schedule

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Anything known yet?

Hey Rev, schedule a game at Minot State so I can get down and catch a game #smashthebeavers

Back to top Go down

2013-14 Schedule Empty Re: 2013-14 Schedule

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:13 pm

I would bet you a case of Pliny the following will be on the schedule:

Gonzaga
Saint Mary's
Pepperdine
Santa Clara
San Francisco
San Diego
LMU
BYU
Pacific

There probably will be others.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:18 pm

DeanMurdoch wrote:Anything known yet?

Hey Rev, schedule a game at Minot State so I can get down and catch a game #smashthebeavers
I'm told the schedule is "almost" complete, but not releasable until mid-summer. We do know that WCC play with 10 schools in the mix begins just after Christmas. Basketball

From the little bits I know, Minot State is NOT one of the opponents... Shocked

Ha-ha, I had no idea they were the Minot State Beavers....no wonder there's an annual flooding problem in Minot...
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:35 pm

I would be super psyched if the Pilots made a trip to any of the following: Denver (DU), Boulder (CU), Fort Collins (CSU), Colorado Springs (Air Force), Greeley, CO (Northern Colorado), or Laramie, WY (WY), basically anywhere near Denver.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:37 pm

I'd like it if the Duckies or Beavers would gather up the cojones to play us.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:38 pm

So as this is my first offseason as a posting member of Pilot Nation, I've gotta ask...with the schedule not released until mid-summer and all scholarship slots accounted for, what in the world are you all gonna talk about for the next three months?

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:52 pm

DeanMurdoch wrote:So as this is my first offseason as a posting member of Pilot Nation, I've gotta ask...with the schedule not released until mid-summer and all scholarship slots accounted for, what in the world are you all gonna talk about for the next three months?
Hmmm, I'm told UP has a pretty good soccer program....

Or were looking solely at Men's Basketball? In that case beer (but not beer IN cases) will be a big part of the discussion.

Don't worry, you'll make it through....but I have to admit, I'm ready for the season to start NOW!

Remember, you can always travel with the team in August....although why would you leave Regina for Spain at that time of the year?

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:08 pm

I haven't even started this years trivia contest. All in good time.

Come to Sunday's soccer game and well have more to discuss.

But I've been too busy sampling This year's Boneyard brewery Notorious Triple IPA.

I think it gives this year's PTY a run for its money. The fruity backdrop( pineapple?) is much more subtle this year, and it is more available than the Younger.

10.5% is not for the timid. My hoppería is only selling it in 10oz thimbles.

Last edited by PurpleGeezer on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:12 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
DeanMurdoch wrote:Anything known yet?

I'm told the schedule is "almost" complete, but not releasable until mid-summer. We do know that WCC play with 10 schools in the mix begins just after Christmas. Basketball

Do you know if they're going to have a double round-robin like they should?
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:40 pm

DeanMurdoch wrote:So as this is my first offseason as a posting member of Pilot Nation, I've gotta ask...with the schedule not released until mid-summer and all scholarship slots accounted for, what in the world are you all gonna talk about for the next three months?
The same random $#!t stuff we talk about during the season, of course. And Nascar.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:54 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:Do you know if they're going to have a double round-robin like they should?
Yes, that's the plan, and I understand that UP will go back to having GU as a travel partner. Cool
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:28 pm

We'll play at PSU for sure.

I assume we've got home-and-home arrangements with Montana State (at home) and Idaho State (on the road) to finish out.

We should be done with Ohio, Wazzu, and Kentucky.

I doubt that the New Mexico game was a home-and-home. Perhaps UT-Pan American was? And do we owe UNLV a return trip (or two)?

The other non-conference opponents were part of the tournament (North Florida, UCBakersfield, Colorado St., Bradley).

We probably won't be making a return trip to Portland Bible.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1397
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:38 pm

NoPoNeighbor wrote:Perhaps UT-Pan American was?

Fan bus to Edinburg!

(I had to look that up)

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:26 am

Any Oregon High School kids playing for schools in the Midwest? Pilots need more trips out here. Maybe they could come out to Madison and play the Badgers, no chance to get blown out in that one because the Badgers can't score over 50.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:02 am

mattywizz wrote:Any Oregon High School kids playing for schools in the Midwest? Pilots need more trips out here. Maybe they could come out to Madison and play the Badgers, no chance to get blown out in that one because the Badgers can't score over 50.

A Thursday in Madison, Saturday in Cambridge or Chestnut Hill, Mass would be a nice little road trip IMO.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat May 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Looking around the various shoot outs, classics, invitationals, and challenges, it would appear the Pilots will have to settle for the Spain trip in August to fulfill any desire for a little something different on the schedule for the coming season.

WCC teams playing in the various pre-Thanksgiving and Christmas games are:

LMU: Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands, Nov 22-25
BYU: CBE Classic in Kansas City, Nov 25-26
GU: Maui Invitational, Nov 25-27
PU: Great Alaska Shootout in Anchorage, Nov 27-30
SCU: Las Vegas Classic, Dec 22-23
SMC: Diamond Head Classic in Honolulu, Dec 22-23, 25

I don’t see any listings for UP, USF, UOP, or USD.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sat May 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Maybe UP will do one of those organize our own tournament to squeeze in an extra game tricks...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MaizeBluePurple Mon May 06, 2013 12:43 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:Maybe UP will do one of those organize our own tournament to squeeze in an extra game tricks...

Is there not some sort of restriction of how many you can do of those? Like every other year, 2 out of 3 years, or something along those lines?
MaizeBluePurple
MaizeBluePurple
***PilotFans Donor***
***PilotFans Donor***

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon May 06, 2013 12:47 pm

There is such a limit on foreign trips during the off season, but I have no idea as far as in season pre-conference play.

Hahahaha I've done enough statute reading for one day,I'll let the Geez handle the ncaa rulebook
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon May 06, 2013 12:51 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:Hahahaha I've done enough statute reading for one day,I'll let the Geez handle the ncaa rulebook
Hahaha, those were my thoughts exactly when I read the question.

But we don't just want answers, we want CORRECT answers!! Razz
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2013 1:23 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
DaTruRochin wrote:Hahahaha I've done enough statute reading for one day,I'll let the Geez handle the ncaa rulebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon May 06, 2013 2:39 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:

Good luck.

Basically, a foreign trip once every four years to a country or countries other than Canada And Mexico.

And 27 regular season games and one multi team event or 29 regular season games, depending on what path you take. A multi team event in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico doesn't count towards the multi team limit.

“17.3.5 Number of Contests.
17.3.5.1 Maximum Limitations—Institutional. An institution shall limit its total regular-season playing schedule with outside competition in basketball during the playing season to one of the following (except for those contests excluded under Bylaw 17.3.5.3): (Revised: 4/27/06 effective 8/1/06)
(a) 27 contests (games or scrimmages) and one qualifying regular-season multiple-team event per Bylaw 17.3.5.1.1; or
(b) 29 contests (games or scrimmages) during a playing season in which the institution does not participate in a qualifying regular-season multiple-team event.
17.3.5.1.1 Qualifying Regular-Season Multiple-Team Event. A qualifying regular-season multiple-team event is one in which: (Revised: 4/27/06 effective 8/1/06)
(a) The event is sponsored by the NCAA, an active or affiliated member or a member conference of the Association and must take place in the Commonwealth of The Bahamas, Canada, Mexico or the United States or one of its territories; (Revised: 4/26/07 effective 8/1/07, 1/15/11 effective 8/1/11)
(b) The event includes not more than four contests per institution and concludes not later than 14 days after the first contest of the event.
“(c) Participation is limited, by conference, to one team per conference and, by institution, to not more than once in the same event in any four-year period; and
(d) Each participating institution is using Bylaw 17.3.5.1-(a) as its maximum contest limitation for the playing season in which it participates in the event.
17.3.5.1.1.1 Hawaii/Alaska/Puerto Rico Exception. An active Division I institution located in Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico that serves as the sponsor of a qualifying regular-season multiple-team event is not required to count its participation in the event as its one qualifying regular-season multiple-team event pursuant to Bylaw 17.3.5.1-(a), provided the event is conducted in the institution’s state or territory and the institution counts all contests of the event in which it is a participant toward its maximum contest limitations. Such an event qualifies as a qualifying regular-season multiple-team event for the other participating institutions, provided all such institutions use Bylaw 17.3.5.1-(a) as the maximum contest limitation for the playing season in which they participate in the event. (Adopted: 6/13/06)”
“17.3.5.1.2 In-Season Foreign Competition. A member institution may play one or more of its countable contests in basketball in one or more foreign countries on one trip during the prescribed playing season. However, except for contests played in Canada and Mexico or on a certified foreign tour (see Bylaw 17.28), the institution may not engage in such in-season foreign competition more than once every four years.
17.3.5.2 Maximum Limitations—Student-Athlete. An individual student-athlete may participate each playing season in not more than either 27 basketball contests and one regular-season qualifying multiple-team event per Bylaw 17.3.5.1.1 or 29 contests in an academic year in which the institution does not participate in a regular-season qualifying multiple-team event. This limitation includes those contests in which the student-athlete represents the institution in accordance with Bylaw 17.02.8, including competition as a member of the varsity, junior varsity or freshman team of the institution. Further, an individual student-athlete may participate each year in only one postseason basketball tournament as a member of the institution’s varsity, junior varsity or freshman team. (Revised: 1/10/90, 1/10/91 effective 8/1/92, 1/12/99 effective[…]”

Other exemptions include a game against a team from Alaska or Hawaii, or a non-D1 NCAA member.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon May 06, 2013 4:21 pm

Thanks, Geez we knew we could count on you... Rolling Eyes

So, as much as many may dislike those non D-1 games....they may be of some benefit in the long run.

Face it, the games against Concordia-Irvine the last two years have been the most entertaining games of the preseason.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Tue May 07, 2013 8:12 am

DoubleDipper wrote:

So, as much as many may dislike those non D-1 games....they may be of some benefit in the long run.

It would be one thing if we were a bubble team paranoid about RPI, but when you are a team just working on getting better? There really is no reason not to other than ou might not draw huge attendance on those days
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue May 07, 2013 9:06 am

DaTruRochin wrote:It would be one thing if we were a bubble team paranoid about RPI, but when you are a team just working on getting better? There really is no reason not to other than ou might not draw huge attendance on those days
Haha, yup, love those once-a-year “huge” crowds at the EACC.

A quick check of last year’s preseason game box scores shows the following attendance figures (I don’t know how UP calculates them):

Non D-1 Concordia 1092
Non D-1 Concordia Irvine 1010
Idaho State 1216
Portland State 1224
Non D-1 Lewis & Clark 1037
UNLV 3057
Non D-1 Portland Bible 1020
Cal State Bakersfield 1018
North Florida 1003
Texas-Pan American 1296

So really there was very little difference in the non D-1 numbers vs. D-1 except for the UNLV game which drew the second largest home attendance last year behind the Gonzaga game, I believe.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next