Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Alford to UCLA

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Steve Alford to UCLA - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Alford to UCLA

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:21 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Only in the rumor stage, but it's likely there'll be another defection at UNLV when Mike Moser transfers to UW after graduating from UNLV this summer. If that's the case, he'll be able to play this coming season.
I already heard that announcement on the radio.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:01 pm

up7587 wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:Only in the rumor stage, but it's likely there'll be another defection at UNLV when Mike Moser transfers to UW after graduating from UNLV this summer. If that's the case, he'll be able to play this coming season.
The RADIO? Well then it has to be true, I only got the rumor off the intertweetnetweb.

Really? The Radio? #howquaint
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:08 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Really? The Radio? #howquaint
#driving

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:21 am

Hmm, now there is room for a shooting guard at New Mexico as 6-7 senior-to-be Tony Snell has decided to declare for the NBA draft.

So, the question is, if Cullen Neal were to jump the Gaels floundering boat and opt to play for his dad at UNM, would he have to sit a year because he signed early with SMC? scratch

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:42 am

Loving the UNLV and UNM off season flounder..... Twisted Evil
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:47 am

DoubleDipper wrote:Hmm, now there is room for a shooting guard at New Mexico as 6-7 senior-to-be Tony Snell has decided to declare for the NBA draft.

So, the question is, if Cullen Neal were to jump the Gaels floundering boat and opt to play for his dad at UNM, would he have to sit a year because he signed early with SMC? scratch

It's possible he could play right away if SMC gives him a release.

From national-letter.org :

PENALTY PROVISIONS & APPEALS PROCESS
NLI Provision 4 states a student who does not attend the signing institution for at least one academic year (two semesters or three quarters) must serve one academic year in residence and will lose one season of competition in all sports upon enrollment at any other NLI member institution.

NLI Provision 6 indicates a student may be completely released from his or her NLI obligation, including the one-year Basic Penalty, with approval from the original signing institution. The institution must indicate its decision of “Complete Release” on the NLI Release Request Form. The NLI Policy and Review Committee or the Division II Review Committee will consider appeals for relief from the NLI Basic Penalty when the signing institution denies a student’s request for a “Complete Release.” The Committee will evaluate the extenuating circumstances presented by a petitioning student prior to rendering its decision.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:53 am

PurpleGeezer wrote:It's possible he could play right away if SMC gives him a release.
Thanks, Geez. I knew you would come through and quote the rule book and counter my laziness. Wink
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:49 am

No real surprise here, but Cullen Neal, who was slated to replace Matthew Dellavedova as Saint Mary's point guard will instead play for his father at New Mexico.

Neal is a flashy guard with size who averaged 26.5 points per game this past season and could make an immediate impact at UNM as he has been granted his release by St. Mary’s.

Classy move on SMC’s part, but they really didn’t have much of a choice under the circumstances....just saying!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:15 am

They were on the other end of that when Jones went to SMC from USD.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:18 am

So now Randy Bennett has to replace his top recruit, but can't leave campus to do so. Tough times in Moraga upcoming.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:28 pm

And Jordan Page, whom I consider to be one of SMC's best players, had his ACL surgery just 3 days ago....so he probably won't be available next year.

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Ha-ha, I've had a few contact me to say the move by Cullen Neal to New Mexico is just a "rumor." Perhaps, but this picture of Cullen at a TV studio in Albuquerque an hour ago says otherwise.

Steve Alford to UCLA - Page 2 Cullen12

And Cullen's tweet over 5 hours ago:
I'm going to be a Lobo. And it looks like we got some #unfinishedbusiness ! Lets go!!! #nuffsaid
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:27 am

From SMC Coach Randy Bennett regarding Cullen Neal:
He has the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play for his father, Craig, at the University of New Mexico. Because of this special situation, we have agreed to grant him a release of his commitment to Saint Mary’s. Cullen is a great person and will be very successful at New Mexico. I wish him and his family the best.
SMC still has some good players coming in with highly touted Calvin Hermanson (Lake Oswego) and Dane Pineau (Australia) arriving this summer, but who will play the PG? Some of the options are Stephen Holt, Jordan Giusti, Jorden Page (who is recovering from ACL surgery), or Treaven Duffy….but they are a long way from being Matthew Dellavedova.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:00 am

Between Mickey McConnell, Patty Mills and Dellavedova, SMC has had a string of really solid, if not great college point guards for the last 6 years... Which pretty much coincided with their string of tourney appearances.

Even without the sanctions, it would have been interesting to see how they would have fared without that clear PG prospect ready to step in (Although Jorden Paige is pretty solid when healthy)
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue May 07, 2013 3:44 pm

up7587 wrote:
Still trying to get confirmation from another source, but I just received word that Mike Moser will NOT be transferring to UW or GU, but will instead enroll at Oregon for his final year of college basketball. Shocked

If true, the NOT transferring to GU will be a huge relief to many WCC coaches. tongue
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue May 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Confirmation from Duck Territory:
UNLV junior power forward Mike Moser has decided to transfer to Oregon according to his former AAU coach and mentor Kumbeno Memory.

"Mike just committed to Oregon," Memory said by text message.

The 6-foot-8 power forward will have one year of eligibility left and can play right away. Moser chose Oregon over Gonzaga and Washington. Moser officially visited Oregon three weeks ago and then saw Washington following that visit. Moser proceeded to visit Gonzaga last two weeks ago and has since been deciding on a school.

A last minute unofficial visit to Oregon last week may have sealed the deal for Oregon.

The former Oregon prep signed with UCLA in 2008 and transferred to UNLV after his freshman season. In 2011-12 Moser was named an honorable All-American averaging 14 points and 10.5 rebounds. In 2012-13 Moser suffered an elbow injury that caused him to miss seven games and was forced to play small forward instead of power forward. He finished the year averaging 7 points and 6 rebounds.
Good school, good team, a very good coach.....a wise choice in my mind!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 5:09 pm

GU fans mostly resigned, and happy he didn't go to Udub.

OT- there is a pretty funny series of posts about Fr. Hightower moving from GU to a new assignment: Fr. Hightower Transferred. Well done, Zag wits.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue May 07, 2013 5:18 pm

up7587 wrote:OT- there is a pretty funny series of posts about Fr. Hightower moving from GU to a new assignment: Fr. Hightower Transferred. Well done, Zag wits.
Haha, yea, I saw that a couple of days ago and thought it was hilarious.

As a young boy I was greatly impressed by the Catholic schools that had a priest on the bench with the team during games, and it's a positive impression that’s still with me today.....I love that GU has continued the tradition.

I enquired of our AD a couple of ADs ago about Fr. Pru or another priest occupying a spot on UP's bench, but was given a nothing more than a laugh and, "It would cost too much" for an answer.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed May 08, 2013 7:52 am

I had Craig as a religion teacher back when he was still Mr. Hightower and he officiated one of my best friends weddings. Hahaha now I'm glad I don't have to shoot him looks of scorn whenever I see him at home over the holidays...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next