Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future Opponents' Results

+11
DaTruRochin
ShipstadPilot11
Woodless!
Geezaldinho
pilotram
NoPoNeighbor
dholcombe
onetouchfutbol
PurplePrideTrumpet
DoubleDipper
PilotNut
15 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Future Opponents' Results - Page 6 Empty Re: Future Opponents' Results

Post by PilotNut Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:15 pm

USD beats BYU @ Jenny Craig, 74-68! Well done, Toreros! Basketball

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:41 pm

USF beats BYU @ The Marriott Center in Provo, 99-87!

USF scores 60 second half points.....while hitting 14 three-pointers and shooting 57% overall.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11217
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:53 pm

In what could be the best WCC game of this season, Gonzaga is at St. Mary's on ESPN2 @ 8 pm tonight (Thursday)......
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:57 am

Just noticed that SCU plays at Gonzaga on Wednesday this week, meaning they get an extra day of rest between the Spokane game and playing at Chiles on Saturday. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Did anyone watch the GU-SCU game? 44-15 at half? Yikes. And 58-19 when Few called off the dogs? Scary.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:54 pm

up7587 wrote:Did anyone watch the GU-SCU game? 44-15 at half? Yikes. And 58-19 when Few called off the dogs? Scary.
Ha-ha, yea I watched bits and pieces...but it wasn't enough of a game to hold my attention.

My man at Gonzaga says that SCU coach Kerry Keating may be watching too much Rex Walters tape, and not learning enough about coaching.

Apparently he kept his complaining within WCC guidelines on Wednesday night, but with his team down by over 20 (they lost by 43), he stopped coaching and just continued complaining….even during timeouts.

I’m hoping it’s something the student section can exploit on Saturday afternoon.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:28 am

With Indiana's loss tonight at Minnesota, Gonzaga is poised to be the nation's new #1 team -- unless BYU and/or Portland can knock them off this week. Quite an amazing accomplishment it would be for a little school from Spokane.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:53 am

And what an opportunity for a small school in Portland to prevent that from happening.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:07 am

NoPoNeighbor wrote:With Indiana's loss tonight at Minnesota, Gonzaga is poised to be the nation's new #1 team -- unless BYU and/or Portland can knock them off this week. Quite an amazing accomplishment it would be for a little school from Spokane.
Yea, it's sort of a thread I have going here:https://www.pilotnation.net/t4762p15-gonzaga-notes
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by OldePilot Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:08 am

If there really is an opportunity, it probably belongs to the big school in Provo.

All other bickering aside, I can't understand why we wouldn't want a WCC team to hold the #1 spot. Being from Montana, I always supported the Grizzlies over the Bobcats, but the Bobcats over everyone else. The old "My two favorite teams..." saw with a twist.

The Zags are what the rest of us want to be when we grow up.
OldePilot
OldePilot
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:50 am

It would be an accomplishment for the zags to be #1 for sure, and if they weren't playing us this week I'd be hoping for it. Like you said you always supported the Grizzlies over the Bobcats, and I am and will always support the Pilots over the Zags.

I understand how improbable getting the W in Spokane is. I understand that BYU has a much better chance of beating the Zags, but think of what this could mean.

We all remember that fateful week when we were ranked, and losing to PSU and how much that hurt. Imagine if you were on the verge of the first ever #1 ranking in school history and seeing this team that most people view as an afterthought take it from you. Imagine what that could mean to creating a rivalry (meaning both fanbases consider it a rivalry). We really we have nothing to lose.

Let me finish by stating how unlikely this all is. It's going to be a packed house on Senior Night, with history waiting to be written. I fully expect Gonzaga and the arena to come out hostile and aggressive and ready. I fully expect Gonzaga to be #1 next week, but I can always hold out hope can't I.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:05 pm

OldePilot wrote:All other bickering aside, I can't understand why we wouldn't want a WCC team to hold the #1 spot. Being from Montana, I always supported the Grizzlies over the Bobcats, but the Bobcats over everyone else. The old "My two favorite teams..." saw with a twist.

I don't know about that...my last roomie from my college days was a transfer from Montana and I know for a fact that he would only cheer for the Bobcats under one (and only one) circumstance - and that's if they were playing Applachian State in football.

I think I'm the same way with Gonzaga. I get that it'd be cool for the WCC to have the #1 seed in the country, I really do. But the only time I could ever plug my nose and cheer for Gonzaga is if a GU win directly benefited the Pilots somehow, and that doesn't apply for tomorrow night in Provo. Go BYU.

"At the bottom of my gut, with every inch of me, I plain, straight hate you. But dammit, do I respect you" - Wes Mantooth, Anchorman, summing up my feelings for Gonzaga. Great program which operates at a level we can aspire to achieve. Doesn't mean I've got to like them.

Last edited by DeanMurdoch on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 pm

The Zags have been scary good of late... the complete dismantling of SCU last week does not give me much hope for Saturday. Also, being Senior Day and (with a win @ Provo) playing for #1, GU & their fans will be at 100% come game time. With a week until they will have to play in Vegas, they wont be distracted or overlooking us.

This is about as big as the challenge could be for us... Let's hope the Pilots are up to the challenge and perform well on that stage... a lot of attention will be paid to this game by the media. (Even more so if we make it close or pull off a miracle).

Question: If #3 Duke beats #4 Miami, do they jump the Zags and take the #1 spot? I think that is possible if the Zags dont win both games this week handily, and Duke has a convincing win over Miami (and @Virginia)...

I get that it'd be cool for the WCC to have the #1 seed in the country, I really do. But the only time I could ever plug my nose and cheer for Gonzaga is if a GU win directly benefited the Pilots somehow, and that doesn't apply for tomorrow night in Provo. Go BYU.
I certainly understand this sentiment, and feel a bit of this... but if we lose on Saturday, I would want GU to take the #1 spot. It only helps the conference as a whole... media wise, respect, recruiting, etc...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaGorilla Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:53 pm

DeanMurdoch wrote:I don't know about that...my last roomie from my college days was a transfer from Montana and I know for a fact that he would only cheer for the Bobcats under one (and only one) circumstance - and that's if they were playing Applachian State in football.

I think I'm the same way with Gonzaga. I get that it'd be cool for the WCC to have the #1 seed in the country, I really do. But the only time I could ever plug my nose and cheer for Gonzaga is if a GU win directly benefited the Pilots somehow, and that doesn't apply for tomorrow night in Provo. Go BYU.

"At the bottom of my gut, with every inch of me, I plain, straight hate you. But dammit, do I respect you" - Wes Mantooth, Anchorman

QFT.

I gotta admit, the prospect of GU losing to a #16 seed in the first round of the NCAAs, as implausible as it is, fills me with delight. Almost as much delight as I would have in beating them in their house this weekend.
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:15 pm

USF scored 52 first half points tonight in their 83-70 over USD in San Diego. The win is the last game of the regular season for the Dons who are now 7-9 in WCC play and in 5th place.

USD is at home to PU on Saturday as they attempt to bring their WCC record to 7-9….but I’m just too darn lazy to figure out which team will be the #5 seed and face the winner of the UP/LMU play-in game. Both USD and USF have beaten BYU this year…..and UP has beaten both of them…..strange!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:28 am

DoubleDipper wrote:USD is at home to PU on Saturday as they attempt to bring their WCC record to 7-9….but I’m just too darn lazy to figure out which team will be the #5 seed and face the winner of the UP/LMU play-in game. Both USD and USF have beaten BYU this year…..and UP has beaten both of them…..strange!

If USD beats Pepperdine on Saturday....assuming the first tiebreaker is head-to-head, that's obviously even between USD and USF. They'd both have the same record against every other WCC team. So off they'd go to the RPI tiebreaker, which has USF at 156 and USD at 174 right now (I think a win over #199 Pepperdine would move USD up enough to pass USF.

I think that's the correct tiebreaker application. I can't actually find any place that specifically lists how to break ties in the standings, but someone posted that on here a few weeks ago.

So if that's right...Pilots will play LMU, USF, Santa Clara, Gonzaga, and then take out whichever chump comes up the other side to take the WCC title!

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6