Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blazers Draft at #6 and #11

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blazers Draft at #6 and #11 - Page 2 Empty Blazers Second Round #11

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Blazers Round 2 #11: Tyshawn Taylor PG, 6'-4", 177 lbs, Kansas senior

Blazers Draft at #6 and #11 - Page 2 Traysh10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11214
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Blazers Draft at #6 and #11 - Page 2 Empty Re: Blazers Draft at #6 and #11

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:35 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:GU center Robert Sacre is now a Laker! Ronny Turiaf and Adam Morrison were one-time Lakers too. Beyond that, no comment ..........
Turiaf, I actually respect. As for the other two it's a perfect match as far as my rooting interests go.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:42 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:GU center Robert Sacre is now a Laker! Ronny Turiaf and Adam Morrison were one-time Lakers too. Beyond that, no comment ..........
Turiaf, I actually respect. As for the other two it's a perfect match as far as my rooting interests go.
Agreed! I too am a big fan of Ronny, a 2005 GU grad. It was nice to see him earn an NBA Championship along with Erik at Miami after he bounced around a bit...including a short stint in Yakima with the Sun Kings. sunny
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:46 pm

I have no self control.
Blazers Draft at #6 and #11 - Page 2 86084ca9
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:14 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Blazers Round 2 #11: Tyshawn Taylor PG, 6'-4", 177 lbs, Kansas senior

Blazers Draft at #6 and #11 - Page 2 Traysh10
........And then send him to the Brooklyn Nets for cash, according to YahooSports.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:49 pm

PurpleGeezer wrote:I have no self control.
Blazers Draft at #6 and #11 - Page 2 86084ca9
Adam has apparently regained his passion for the game and is playing in Serbia. At GU and in the WCC Adam was once "the man." He fell a long way while bouncing around the NBA, went back to Spokane for awhile with his wife and two kids, but is now enjoying himself again.

We may not be Adam's fans, but I'm glad to see he's back on the road to basketball enjoyment and showing some passion in his game.

Blazers Draft at #6 and #11 - Page 2 Adam-m10
(Photo courtesy of Belgrade Red Star)

I actually enjoyed watching this video of Adam; he was ejected, but you could tell the crowd loves him and loves their Belgrade Red Star team. If only we could have that crowd passion at Pilots games....

http://www.slamonline.com/online/media/slam-tv/2011/10/video-adam-morrison-ejected-after-a-shoving-match/
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:37 am

You have to admit the picture looks remarkably like Geezer's new avatar . . .who knew Adam spoke spanish or have a revolutionary bent.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1419
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:22 am

The expert on Trail Blazers draft pick Meyers Leonard carries a rifle…..

I didn’t intend to follow-up on any of the Blazers draft picks, but I found this story of Meyers Leonard compelling enough to share:
If you didn't know much of anything about Meyers Leonard when you saw him drafted by the Trail Blazers on Thursday in the first round, you knew he was tall. At 7-foot-1 1/4, he towered over NBA commissioner David Stern, and was the tallest player in the building on draft night. And if you were watching, you knew, too, that Leonard played college basketball at Illinois, but that was about it.

So who is he, really?

It's the question to ask after Portland selected Leonard No. 11 overall. And to answer that best of all, you'd have to go to a Marine military base in Camp Lejeune, N.C. Because the world's foremost expert on Meyers Leonard happens to be a U.S. Marine and "Rifle Expert" who did two tours in Afghanistan.

His name is Corporal Bailey Leonard. He's Meyers' older brother........
Blazers Draft at #6 and #11 - Page 2 Leonar10

Go here to read more:
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2012/06/canzano_the_expert_on_trail_bl.html
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:37 pm

wrv wrote:You have to admit the picture looks remarkably like Geezer's new avatar . . .who knew Adam spoke spanish or have a revolutionary bent.

During Ammo's GU run SI had an article on him calling him "different" and an "intellectual" and mentioned he enjoyed reading Karl Marx and Che Guevara.... Which is interesting because everyone I talked to say all Adam did was play video games, sleep through class and take advantage of his status to impress freshman girls...

But really: Beating a Dead Horse

Hahaha and as far as Red Star Belgrade, yeesh yeah their fans are passionate, but being founded by the military and Slobodam Milosivic's ruling party for a while the team has a VERY dark history of hooliganism, especially with its rival Partizan.

Here's a taste:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,6903,1123137,00.html

And here's a book that covers the subject (and a number of other soccer-related global issues: http://www.amazon.com/How-Soccer-Explains-World-Globalization/dp/0061978051/ref=pd_sim_b_3
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:16 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:
And here's a book that covers the subject (and a number of other soccer-related global issues: http://www.amazon.com/How-Soccer-Explains-World-Globalization/dp/0061978051/ref=pd_sim_b_3

I have read this book and Soccernomics -- both are a great read. I would recommend them.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2