Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DUX

3 posters

Go down

DUX Empty DUX

Post by OldePilot Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:32 pm

Pilots 4 - 1, with a hat trick by Cameli. Nice passes and assists on all, including a nifty cross from Kendall.

The bad news is that Taylor probably tore an MCL. She was playing a terrific match and owned her corner and side. She was walking on it (as one can) but her dad was pretty sure, pending the exams on Monday.

Dees gave Frisbie a breather and cranked a big shot. Keeper stopped it, but it flat had steam.

I thought everyone played quite well. Kurle was tough in the midfield.
OldePilot
OldePilot
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

DUX Empty Re: DUX

Post by gnarly Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:02 pm

I only saw the ducks goal and the final 2 scores by the pilots, but I have to say I was impressed ducks. They had good possession and speed on the wings. I thought they were better than the Beavers were. It will be interesting to see if they can win more pac 12 games this year.

Pilots just seem to have that confidence that was missing last year. #2 game has risen up a notch this year. Last year it seemed she was adjusting to D1 level defenders after playing against JC level competition before. Kendall has amazing throw-ins. I don't remember that being such a weapon before. Kurle has matured considerably since her Frosh year. Bridges is strong and could play almost anywhere on the field. If they weren't so shorthanded I wonder where she should be? She could be another Sophie and not get pushed off the ball in MF. Seems like both GK are steading influence. Nothing flashy there but the team has confidence in them both. One thing we do really miss is Keelin in the air. Ducks won a lot of GK kicks in the air. Keelin owned that part of the game for 4 years in row.

Who were the 4 recruits who were out with the team at half time? Looking at the pics on portland pilots.com it one might have been Sarah Bindl and another Shelby Vaver but since I don't any of them I could be wrong.

gnarly
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

DUX Empty Re: DUX

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:15 pm

Oregon was better in the second half. The Pilots had more possession in the first.

Lots of good things today. Having Kendall back is huge. Smart defensively, strong, and puts in good passes when she goes forward. Sippel and Cameli have tons of speed. The younger McCluskie's energy reminds me of her sister.

Dees could make a nice target forward with how big she is. Looking at where she aimed that shot and how hard she hit it, she knew what she was doing.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum