Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sata Clara, January 5/Pepperdine January 7

+5
PilotNut
dholcombe
blacksheep
DoubleDipper
PurplePrideTrumpet
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sata Clara, January 5/Pepperdine January 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sata Clara, January 5/Pepperdine January 7

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:55 am

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote: The big moment for me was with 10 minutes to go. Pepperdine had cut it to 11, the shot clock was running out, and Nem hits a cold-blooded three way behind the line. That was when I thought we had this.
But did the shot clock run out?

I was standing about 15 feet from Nem yelling for him to shoot (he seemed oblivious to the clock). When the ball went up, it appeared the clock was at 0, but for sure it was 0 when the ball was in the air, but the backboard never lit up. Very curious. Twisted Evil

Does anyone have it on their DVR for a second look? What do you think?
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Sata Clara, January 5/Pepperdine January 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sata Clara, January 5/Pepperdine January 7

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:17 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
PurplePrideTrumpet wrote: The big moment for me was with 10 minutes to go. Pepperdine had cut it to 11, the shot clock was running out, and Nem hits a cold-blooded three way behind the line. That was when I thought we had this.
But did the shot clock run out?

I was standing about 15 feet from Nem yelling for him to shoot (he seemed oblivious to the clock). When the ball went up, it appeared the clock was at 0, but for sure it was 0 when the ball was in the air, but the backboard never lit up. Very curious. Twisted Evil

Does anyone have it on their DVR for a second look? What do you think?

The shot clock light (yellow LEDs just below the red ones) is only required in the NBA so we don't have it, just the buzzer.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:45 pm

[quote="DoubleDipper"]
PurplePrideTrumpet wrote: When the ball went up, it appeared the clock was at 0, but for sure it was 0 when the ball was in the air, but the backboard never lit up. Very curious. Twisted Evil

The backboard doesn't light up for the shot clock.

Whether the clock was at 0 when the ball was in the air is irrelevant.

I wonder if the highlight video will show it? Very Happy
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:59 pm

[quote="PurpleGeezer"]
DoubleDipper wrote:
PurplePrideTrumpet wrote: When the ball went up, it appeared the clock was at 0, but for sure it was 0 when the ball was in the air, but the backboard never lit up. Very curious. Twisted Evil

The backboard doesn't light up for the shot clock.

Whether the clock was at 0 when the ball was in the air is irrelevant.

I wonder if the highlight video will show it? Very Happy
Yea, I knew I was going to invite scorn when I wrote that, but it was too late.

What I meant to say was, the buzzer never went off at all, which is unusual for a shot that close to 0/the buzzer. Yes, I know it just has to be out of his hand(s) before the buzzer, but usually the buzzer will go off once the shot clock reaches 0, regardless of where the ball is; not leaving the “shot in-time” decision to the shot clock operator (with whom I shared pregame pasta, but NOT BEER)!

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:46 am

PurpleGeezer wrote:Wow.

UP's last field goal except for David Carr's tre was with 9:33 left in the game and the Pilots still win the game!

Great defensive effort. The sequence with 13 minutes left where we blocked 3 shots, stole the ball, and went down the court and drew the foul was inspirational.

There was also a basket at 8:11; Kevin Bailey I think. There were a couple good shots that rimmed out, and a couple wild shots. Biggest problem was terrible free throw shooting, missing two front ends of 1 + 1, and making only one of two a couple other times. 10 of 18 over all, and worse considering the 1 + 1 misses.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3