Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next up: Lady Vols

4 posters

Go down

Next up: Lady Vols Empty Next up: Lady Vols

Post by mattywizz Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:53 pm

Looks like the Lady Vols beat Clemson 1-0 in 2OT today, setting up a sweet 16 match with our beloved Lady Pilots. I found out about 28 minutes into the game that Fox Sports Rocky Mtn. was carrying the game, so I actually got to watch my first game of the year. Hopefully someone besides Comcast will carry the game next weekend. Or maybe I will get lucky and the game will be played in Knoxville (Don't get me wrong, I would prefer a home game for the ladies).

The Lady Pilots looked pretty solid today (although I have no baseline to compare them on) but it would have been nice to see a little better shooting percentage, they had some good chances and CU keeper made a couple good plays. Defense looked pretty good, I don't remember any good chances for CU. We clearly had the better team today and a win is a win.

Good luck ladies against the Vols. I really hate UT, I can't wait to heckle the UT guys I know, even if they don't care about women's soccer.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Next up: Lady Vols Empty Re: Next up: Lady Vols

Post by Stonehouse Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:15 am

Yeah... stupid Vols. Way to fight the good fight out there, Matty.

I think the Pilots played pretty solid yesterday but you are right - we can't really afford to not finish some of those chances, especially as the playoffs progress and the number of good opportunities we will get diminishes.

Don't know much about Tenn yet... I'll do some scouting on their website and check out their on-line forum. Oh... wait... Smile
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:42 am

Congrats on 400 posts, Stonehouse!!! Give this man a round of applause. Or, a round of golf - your choice, StoneMAN. * (Site Admin will pay, as per usual!)

* (Translation: Stonehouse is the man!)
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:37 pm

And by "Site Admin", you mean "FANatic", right?!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:05 pm

Darn you, PilotNut! I thought when you said "vacation", it meant that "when the cat's away, the mice do play". What are you, Big Brother? Geeesssh...

(Hope you are having a great time in the warm sun. Although, every once in awhile, they have a killer tropical storm down there where, if you get lucky, you might get evacuated. Have fun!) lol!
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:02 pm

Mexico is rough.... sunny and warm by the pool and beach today... several cervezas... drunken

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down