Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire Jürgen

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fire Jürgen - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire Jürgen

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:34 am

Purplegeezer wrote:
onetouchfutbol wrote:This is a nice group of players. It will be interesting to see if Jurgen can bring them together. He´s talked about trying to put out a product which reflects the personality or ideals of the USA. I´m not sure if he means physical and high-scoring or what he´s getting at. Buddle and Agudelo have a lot of potential. I also like the inclusion of Beckerman. I´m getting kind of tired of Adu, but, I can get behind him if he refocusses a bit.

I´d rather see a more technical style of play...regardless of whether that is considered "American" or not. Smile

I think what Jürgen is talking about is building a team that dictates the pace of play. That's often easier said than done, but if there is anything about the American Psyche it's that we don't like to react, we like to make the other guy react.

If you listen carefully to the body of his interviews, he concedes we aren't going to dictate play to the Spain's or Brasils of the world any time soon, but we can do that with teams like Mexico if we put our minds to it.

Yes, that´s true. Although, it could easily be argued that Mexico´s team has more talent than we do right now with "El Chicharito" and Giovani dos Santos on the same squad. They could easily aspire to dictate the style of play as well. I think that Jurgen´s comments could be interpretted in a lot of different ways. He may be seeking playing physical at the defensive end...a team that does not shy away from slide tackles. He could be referring to playing a more wide open style that leads to more scoring...or he could be referring to playing more technical and dominating possession...or ideally all of the above. In any case, I look forward to seeing what he does with the team. If we imitate the German teams in any way, we´re on the right track.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2